Oh Beautiful Spring

Oh Beautiful Spring

A Poem by Adora.xo
"

Bleh

"

 

Summer greenery,

And yellow daffodils.

Spring breezes,

And lavender frills.

Bright blue skies,

And cotton ball clouds.

Yellow white sunshine,

And pretty sounds.

Soft petals,

Oh what beauty it brings,

This perfect day,

This beautiful spring.

© 2010 Adora.xo


Author's Note

Adora.xo
Lemme Know What You Think Please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the format of this - the diction also impress an air of spring - very light and sunny. That being said, cotton ball clouds is a bit cliche, even though its an apt image and very visual. You use "beauty/ful" twice - read my profile of what I think about that lol The first stanza is def strongest, and overall it oozes spring/summer.

Posted 13 Years Ago


So simple and beautiful. This piece felt warm, and brought a smile to me. Well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


So many people have already told you 'what they think', but i'll still ramble on-
Your Description of Spring is beautiful,with wonderful Imagery.You create colors and sounds with your words,and it seems that you have a 'feel' of words.
Bleh? Never leave your descriptions like this,the reader immediately loses interest and the fickle one my switch to something else.Also,it degrades the quality of your beautiful piece.
Arasinya Adora...I've never come across such a beautiful name.Who named You? I'm not flattering you,but it seems like the name of a fairy.Perhaps i'll use it in one of my Stories.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Creative structure, like Mike said. Your use of color to set the mood of spring was magnificent; you most certainly captured spring with your use imagery. "Cotton ball clouds", "Lavender frills", and "soft petals" were my favorite images. Very nice write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Your structure is intriguing. The four-line stanzas work efficiently with your imagery. Not only that, but your rhymes don't feel forced, which is hard to pull off in this kind of structure. Very good descriptions. The structure is a bit thought-provoking. The middle looks like the center of a flower, and the other two could be the first pedals budding, but that image is a bit hard to capture. Overall, this is a very good piece. Well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


You make me want to go out and fly a kite. Very vivid, very simple, and very beautiful. I love spring. Nice job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


You have the gift of imagery I could imagine every little thing thing you wrote good job !!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Beautiful sentiments, spot on flow, wonderfully crafted. A poem, as promising as spring itself.

Great piece.
Antonio


Posted 13 Years Ago


This one brought a broad smile to my face.
Thank you for that. =D
Very beautiful depiction of spring.
Awesome as always Adora


Posted 13 Years Ago


makes me glad i live right near central park. spring is great except for the whole allergies thing.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

432 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 8, 2010
Last Updated on May 8, 2010

Author

Adora.xo
Adora.xo

The One That's Non-Existant As Far As You're Concerned., British Columbia, Canada



About
So that you will hear me So that you will hear me my words sometimes grow thin as the tracks of the gulls on the beaches. Necklace, drunken bell for your hands smooth as grapes. And I wat.. more..

Writing
Saturday Saturday

A Poem by Adora.xo


Butterflies Butterflies

A Poem by Adora.xo



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Short II Short II

A Poem by Emily


GUILT GUILT

A Poem by Stephanie S