The Origin

The Origin

A Chapter by Yangy
"

Aries details the day he discovered his telekinetic abilities

"

THE ORIGIN

APRIL 4TH, 2019. 4:46PM

It was a pretty average day, I was on my train home from another long day at university. I remember reading up on information about the meteor that hit the old Forth Road Bridge a few days prior. Strange events had been reported around all of Scotland, there were a few as far as Norway or France too, but most came from here. The train’s lights began to flicker as the rails led us towards a valley. I could feel the wheels vibrate as they sped up, my heart’s pace was mimicking it. I couldn’t exactly tell what was happening, but it wasn’t right. I looked out the window to see if I could try to make sense of what was happening, unfortunately my degree was in the arts, so my science knowledge is limited. I saw a flash of blue light followed by what looked like a man made from a chrome metal, covered in light blue balls of glowing puss dash past.

I was now in one of these strange events. Following him, there was a dash of blue lights and beams of electricity. Every window shattered. Everybody bounced out their seats, children were crying. We were all hanging onto the railings as ScotRail’s new excuse for a delay screamed. Time seemed to slow to about half the speed as the train began to jump into the air. I could feel energy burst through me as I planted my feet firmly into the ground and swung my arms out to either side. The train began to slow as it reached peak height.

People clambered to the window, some throwing up. Clearly, they didn’t enjoy the new pop-up rollercoaster. I looked around as they began to disappear whilst the blue beam dashed around the train. It was maybe 20 seconds until I was the last one on any of the carriages. The next thing I knew was there was a man, head to toe in raggedly put together black and blue armour stood in front of me. He had a visor that pulsed with electricity, so I couldn’t see his face.

“You’re the telekinetic holding this up?” He inquired, in a thick Irish accent.

I was speechless, my life wasn’t very extraordinary until this point. I’d seen a couple things move or fall without me knowingly doing anything, but now I was holding up three f*****g carriages of train.

“I’m assuming so, yes.” I was slightly threatened. He could be in Alaska before I thought to do anything. “I’m sorry, who are you and what’s happening?” �" I needed to know.

Speedy Gonzales in a Daft Punk cosplay looked me up and down, before removing his helmet.

“Well, I go by QuickStep, but assuming you’re a good guy, you can call me Frankie.”

At least he was human.

He put his hand on my shoulder. “I’m going to get you out of here, then you can leave the train be. Everyone is safe”

It was bold of him to assume I knew what the f**k I was doing.

“Okay, so, Frankie, how the hell do I put this thing down?” �" I was starting to get tired, and dropping a train seemed dangerous.

He looked puzzlingly before disappearing. I wondered where he’d went for about four seconds, before seeing a strange yellow inflatable giraffe head smack through the window hole behind me. His solution was around eight bouncy castles. He dashed back inside through the window and walked towards me.

“Right, Ray…” I wondered how he knew my name, he was looking at my ID. “I’m gonna carry you out this thing so you can just drop it. Whether you choose to do something with your powers is up to you, but if you decide to rock a fancy costume and made-up name, I’d learn to control your abilities first.”

I nodded. He stepped towards me and picked me up and whooshed my outside. He let me drop the train before dropping me conveniently off at my train stop. I took a second to adjust to the sudden change of scenery and made my way home.

I needed to make my uniform, my name, how I’d act in the public eye. This was the dawn of a new era. This was how I became Aries.



© 2018 Yangy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on December 14, 2018
Last Updated on December 14, 2018
Tags: Superhero, dark, hero, comic book, Aries, Osiris, Omega, Dead Raine, Raine Everest, Ray Andrews


Author

Yangy
Yangy

Bathgate, West Lothian, United Kingdom



About
21 year old from Scotland, writes articles for GTABase. I used to publish here way more often. Also a fan of sweet chilli sauce. more..

Writing