Nikki and the Vampire

Nikki and the Vampire

A Story by Yari Garcia (Older Profile)
"

A sophomore girl daringly dates a guy who is rumored to be a vampire. What will happen to her?

"
Nikki and the Vampire



****


    Nikki curled a strand of brown hair around her finger over and over again.  She was in algebra class, bored out of her mind and looking over at the guy she had heard so much about.  His name was Adrian, a sophomore who had arrived at the school only a week ago.  Already everyone was talking about this mysterious guy.  He had gorgeous dark hair-- the kind that looks better the messier it is.  His skin was ivory and pale, his eyes an intense shade of green, his lips a constant shade of peach.  He was tall and thin, but by no means scrawny.  She let her eyes wander towards the naked back of his neck.  As if sensing her, he turned around to look straight at her.

    Nikki was never easily embarrassed, but this time she felt herself tense up as if she had gotten caught doing something wrong.  She flashed him a quick smile and started sketching in her notebook.  He smiled and turned back around.

    “Isn’t he dreamy?” Nikki’s best friend, Rebecca, gushed at lunch time.

    “Not you too!” Nikki groaned.  She was sick of hearing about him the entire week, even if he was dreamy.

    “What?” Rebecca protested, “He’s adorable, and there’s a mysterious aura about him.  Like he’s a vampire or something…”

    “Please don’t say that”, Nikki said poking at her pasta with her fork.

    “Are you gonna eat that?”

    “No, I don’t eat carbs.”

    “Anyway”, Rebecca continued, “All the girls are too chicken to ask him out.  Everyone is sure he’s too cute to be single.  Plus, there’s the vampire thing…It‘s kind of intimidating. ”

    Nikki got an idea. “I’ll ask him out”, she declared confidently, “That way I get to go out with a hunk, and prove you all wrong about this stupid vampire stuff.”

    “You wouldn’t!”

    “Watch me.”



    The next day Nikki wore her hair up loosely, letting a few strands fall around her face.  She wore her favorite blouse, the one that complimented her fair complexion and brightened the blue in her eyes.  She was dressed to kill.  She looked over at Adrian, who sat at his desk copying last night’s homework from someone else.  Having no time to approach him before the bell rang, she passed him a note.

    He read it, looked back at her, and smiled.



    Friday night Adrian took Nikki to a scary movie.  It was old fashioned and they both loved it.  After the movie, they decided to skip dinner and go for a walk in the park instead.  Nikki smiled as he held her hand, and they walked slowly under the moonlight.  Nikki found out he shared her taste for the classic things in life, gory slasher movies, and being out at night.

    “There’s much more beauty at night”, he explained, “You can’t see the stars in the brightness of the mid-day sun.”

    They talked for a while and came up on a rickety bench under some trees.

    “Sit down, Nikki”, he said, “there’s something I need to tell you.”

    “Let me guess, you’re a vampire?” she joked.

    At first, Nikki laughed, but her laughter died down as she realized he wasn’t laughing.  He didn’t look like he was kidding at all.  He was serious.

    “You’re joking, right?” she asked incredulously.

    “It’s not a joke, Nikki”, he replied, his green eyes staring deep into hers, “I really like you, and I want to be honest with you from the start.”

    Nikki didn’t know what to say.  All the rumors were true!  Her blood was running cold.  She didn’t know what to think.

    “You know”, she started, trying to break the silence, “You’re not doing a very good job of hiding what you are.  All the girls at school have been talking about it.”

    He laughed, “I guess I just have that kind of look.  But those are just rumors at school.  They don’t know who I really am.  Only you.”

    He smiled, and Nikki saw sharp fangs she hadn’t noticed before.

    “So…what are you saying? You might snap and eat me one day?” she asked, half jokingly.

    “No, it’s not like that”, he chuckled, “You don’t understand.”
    “Maybe I do”, Nikki smiled, exposing her own fangs, “Maybe I understand completely.”

    Adrian looked surprised and pleased all at once.  He leaned in to kiss Nikki’s cold lips passionately and deeply.  They giggled slightly when they accidentally bumped fangs.



*The End*
YG

© 2017 Yari Garcia (Older Profile)


Author's Note

Yari Garcia (Older Profile)
Honest feedback is welcome :-)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow, that was awesome! :)
As I first started to read the story, your words captured my attention. :) The details are good.
This could be made into a small book if you wanted to.
I really was surprised at the ending. It made it more interesting.
Great job!
I'm putting this in my library! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very nice plot twist! And after I realised it, that was a brilliant clue you put there in the middle about her not eating carbs... and there I was thinking she was going to be just another air-headed blond bimbo.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow love the ending! It's a great story. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


LoL, the last part is nice! A really good story:-)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like it. kind of reminded me of twlight so i had my reserves on it, but still a really good story.

Posted 12 Years Ago


cool kinda like twilight series

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow, that was awesome! :)
As I first started to read the story, your words captured my attention. :) The details are good.
This could be made into a small book if you wanted to.
I really was surprised at the ending. It made it more interesting.
Great job!
I'm putting this in my library! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very surprising ending! Like it a lot... :)))
Great story!

Posted 12 Years Ago


awe that was cool :) a nice change lol i really liked it even though i expected her to be a vampire from the start. but well written nonetheless :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on January 13, 2012
Last Updated on June 12, 2017
Tags: romance, teen romance, vampires, vampire romance, twilight, twilight fan fiction, teen love, love, high school romance, high school love, cute guys

Author

Yari Garcia (Older Profile)
Yari Garcia (Older Profile)

Denver, CO



About
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ My profile has moved! Follow the link by my pic or go to www.writerscafe.org/YariGarciaYA See you there ^_^ (/ (/ (^-^) c(")(") ~*~*~.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..