How to commit a crime

How to commit a crime

A Story by YellowFre
"

Uh huh. Read on!

"

He stared unblinkingly at the man, gangster as the description allowed.

 

"So? Do you accept?" he asked.

 

He looked at him, well.. Not like anyone would expect a fifteen year old to propose a plan to a gang leader. The man's name was Max, and was about twenty Cyril guessed. He controlled what can be considered a small gang, mostly made up of school dropouts of sixteen to eighteen year olds who frequently would, as he guessed, indulged in drug-taking and hanging out.

 

What a waste of time.

 

They were in an abandoned warehouse, the gang sitting upon empty, overturned crates. One of the guys had his arms around a younger girl, who was smoking casually from a cigrette. Cyril knew he was being observed, with his usual outfit of a white t-shirt and jeans, he really looked out of place here.

 

"So.. what will you get if we did it?" the man slurred, leaning backwards as if uninterested.

 

"Satisfaction. And ten percent of the profits." he said calmly, as if they were discussing about the weather.

 

"We could probably do it without you.." he turned towards one of the members, who helped him place a cigrette into his mouth and light it.

 

"Yes, and get caught in two days."

 

"How are you so sure that with you we will not get caught?"

 

"I know." he replied confidently. Max looked at him with renewed interest. He was not expecting my reply, he guessed.

 

"Ok. We will try it out. But if we fail, nobody is gonna be able to find your body. If you have a body left after we are finished with you."

 

"Thank you." he said, and exited the warehouse.

 

Fools.

-------------

They bought a host of items, which they distributed according to Cyril's instructions. While they were not pleased with a young boy leading them and they showed it in their sluggish actions and replies, the prospect of money seemed to drive them into moving at least.

 

He himself had done a recce of the place, from far, using a binoculars, and near, just going in to buy some stuff that he did not even need. Now, he and Max stood in the shadows on an alley, viewing the place through the binoculars.

 

If all went well, they, two of the faster members in the gang, should be rounding out of the corner by now.. They did, wearing ski masks. They approached the shop from the left, behind the external security camera. One gave another a leg up and the one holding the hammer smashed the camera.

 

Coming down, they withdrew a crowbar from their backpacks, prying open the doors. Cyril heard Max speaking into the phone behind him, but chose to focus on the action that was unfolding.

 

A pickup sped around the corner, stopping infront of the shop. The two members had already hooked up the ATM and now, they attched another hook to the back of the pickup before jumping in. Max spoke one curt command into the phone.

 

The pickup sped off, ripping the ATM from its attachings onto the wall. By now, the ringing had been going on for three minutes already, but it would be useless anyway. Some fluttering notes settled onto the road as the two figures disappeared into the darkness. Later, dispite many reviews and investigations by the police, the perpentrators could not be identified. Even the GPS unit in the ATM could not help them as it was found two days later, dumped into the river, all traces of the notes gone.

 

Cyril Chamberman had made his mark.

© 2008 YellowFre


Author's Note

YellowFre
Eh.. Weird idea.. Done without much thought

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
Added on August 11, 2008

Author

YellowFre
YellowFre

About
Eh, i love writing, as much as you are. Currently, im working on Tutious but my posting will be limited as i do not have much time to type it out on the computer compared to writing with the paper and.. more..

Writing
Shards Shards

A Book by YellowFre


Idea Idea

A Chapter by YellowFre


Singurd Singurd

A Story by YellowFre