Singurd

Singurd

A Story by YellowFre

He stepped out of the car, hauling his bag. His uncle, a heavyset man, helped him move the luggage out of the car.

 

The building stood within nature, ivy vines creped up the sides as it stood, looming. Dark.

 

“Well, I hope you will find some comfort here during the holidays Fillian.” His uncle grinned, showing the crooked set of teeth. He smiled weakly back at the man whom he only found out as his uncle just weeks ago.

 

He stepped up the porch; it had three stories, somewhat tall. His uncle led the way, pointing to various places, describing their use within the house. He followed; slightly distracted as he thought about how he would survive through this holiday without an internet connection. He breathed a sigh of relief as he thought about the laptop he had packed in. At least he had a number of games to entertain himself.

 

“Your room is on the second storey, first to the right.” His uncle said, placing the baggage’s on the floor near the staircase. “And yeah, before I forget, don’t go up to the third storey ok? The flooring is rather weak.”

 

“Yeah, ok.” He smiled back, then proceeded to move his luggage up the stairs.

 

 Was it really this much I packed in? He wondered as he puffed his way up. It seemed longer than expected. At the top, he paused, sweat beads dripping off his forehead, First room to the right eh?

 

He moved, rather hauled the luggage into the open room. It was of a wooden boarding, as much of the house, he looked around, then, with a start, saw a figure lying on a bed on the opposite side of the room. That was.. his cousin, he realized, his uncle had a child, Fillan remembered.

 

 “Hey. Hello there.”

 

It did not move.

 

“Erm, who are you?”

 

It shifted slightly.

 

Fillan, now annoyed at the non replies he got, said with a hint of anger, “We are gonna be together you know? For this whole holiday.”

 

Now, he got a reply, he noticed, pleased.

 

She, he noted, as she sat up. And turned around.

 

He started, wow, she was … pretty. Her jaw line showed as well as her cheekbones in the ponytail hairstyle she had, however, the dark anger on her face was not.

 

“Dad, suggested it, not me. Never me. I don’t want you here, never did, no matter who you are.” She spat, then brushed, banged his shoulder as she exited the room. Fillan looked over his shoulder. Well, that was a fine way to meet a cousin.

 

© 2008 YellowFre


Author's Note

YellowFre
Please, if you can, add on, post your own continuation Thanks. Pls review too.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
Added on August 16, 2008
Last Updated on August 16, 2008

Author

YellowFre
YellowFre

About
Eh, i love writing, as much as you are. Currently, im working on Tutious but my posting will be limited as i do not have much time to type it out on the computer compared to writing with the paper and.. more..

Writing
Shards Shards

A Book by YellowFre


Idea Idea

A Chapter by YellowFre