The Diary

The Diary

A Poem by Viki Rachel
"

This young girl's death still pains me to think of.

"

Two brown eyes on the cover page,

A small smile and her writing pen;

When it was immortialized in ink,

The world would never be the same again.

 

She spoke of hunger, her growth, and pain,

Her secrets, loves, hopes, and fears;

All the sadness of the world,

All with wisdom beyond her years.

 

She spoke truthfully of her thoughts,

Naked words and innocent eyes.

Many admire her --for she was strong--

But I wonder what were sounds of her cries.

 

Study her words and see her heart,

One that seems to reflects my own.

Hold her hand in your dreams,

Take her from the Camp and bring her home.

.

© 2011 Viki Rachel


Author's Note

Viki Rachel
I read Anne Frank's diary for the first time when I was 10 years old. I still relate to everything she said and admire her courage for the sheer naked truth of her words, thoughts, and feelings.
Rest in peace.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I read her diary many years ago and was touched by her innocence. It is imaginable that heartless animals would destroy such a gifted angel like that. Imagine what she could have done. Your poem speaks of her soul. Nice penning from you Viki.

Posted 11 Years Ago


The reality of dying the way the camp victims did - leaves little room for romanticizing their deaths... Anne was a little girl that grew up during a time when evil truly and visibly walked the earth. She found heart and hope in a time of unbelievable adversity and horror. Betrayed - she, family and friends were taken and murdered... her vision, hopes, and dreams were shared afterwards when the evil was driven back into the shadows.

Not enough people cried... there never ARE enough people that cry when other people are killed.

Chris

Posted 12 Years Ago


It goes with the book so well!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I didn't even realize this one rhymed until the last stanza so it was not forced which is good. And I like how you write about someone else's troubles that you can relate to instead of your own. There seems to be a lot of poems like that, mine included, about personal troubles. But, yes, she was a hero...a friend behind enemy lines of that time.

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A sad, sad chapter in the story of humankind. It breaks my heart to think that such a lovely and bright flower as Anne Frank was put through all of that. Your poem serves her memory well. In my opinion, it doesn't need the last stanza.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

v That's a little bit condradictory, wouldn't you think?

Posted 12 Years Ago


I relate to her a lot just like you.

Her sentence choices are the reason that so many teens feel close and connected to her. Without that, Anne would be just some normal teen that was Jew during World War II. With her sentence choices, though, she is not just that. She is a teenager. A human being. She is just like everyone else out there.

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

393 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 30, 2011
Last Updated on August 13, 2011
Tags: anne frank, diary of a young girl, death

Author

Viki Rachel
Viki Rachel

Dallas, TX



About
~~I WILL NOT ADD YOU WITHOUT PRIOR CONTACT~~ I don't take RRs. I check up on all of my friends and review their poems, stories, and sometimes books. I don't expect reviews in return, however they are.. more..

Writing
Skin Skin

A Story by Viki Rachel



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Our sweet love Our sweet love

A Poem by Jessi


Mercy Mercy

A Story by Coyote Poetry