Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Mckenna Baker

I was stunned for a moment. The words that had just come out of the doctors mouth was gibberish. A fib surly. Stuff like that hardly happens, its like something out of some cheesy teen novel. My confused look must have carried to the doctor because he sighed and reached over, pressing a button onto the bed. The bed shook for a moment before it started to move, moving me into a slightly sitting up position.

"Now- Before I show you... I-" His voice cracked, his hand rubbing his eyes before a moment. Wariness spread across his face along with the grim expression that had long since been there. "-I need to tell you something... When you were pinned... We couldnt-... We couldnt save them." He said, barely able to spit the words out. He paused his eyes scanning my face for some kind of reaction.

"W-What do you mean..." I stutter out, my heart threatening to pound out of my chest. I could feel my eyes grow wide as he looked from me to my legs. "W-what." I attempted to say, my eyes slowly descending down to the sheets that covered my lap. Theres the outline of my hip... My thighs... My knees- then... The sheets stop, they lay flat on the bed. My breath quickened, a shaky hand slowly pushing the sheets away. I could hear the doctor in the background, "I-I dont think thats a good idea! The shock will be to much-" He says standing up quickly as if to stop me. But it was to late. The sheets were thrown to the end of the bed.

I couldnt speak. I couldnt breath. I couldnt do anything other than sit there in silence. My eyes locked onto my legs- or what was left of them... They stopped at the knees, bandages covering them heavily. The white cloth was almost blinding as I stared at it. My moms voice started in the background. It was a dull hum in the ocean of my drowning thoughts. My hand begins to move on its own, reaching out slowly to touch the bandages. Warm tears start to make their way down my face. Suddenly a hand shoots out, grasping mine. My eyes flicker over to the owner of the hand. My mother... At the sight of her, my vision gets blurry. My cheeks are coated in my monster tears as I cry. "Momma..." I cry out, her warm body coming close and pressing against mine as she hugs me tightly. "Momma... Momma... My legs..." I can hear myself repeat over and over. "Its okay honey... Everything is okay... Can you help her?" My mom says pulling away for a moment. The second she does I feel a prick in my arm. I look to the right to see the doctor withdrawing a short needle. I dont have time to think before I feel my mind and body grow heavy. The lids of my eyes flutter as I fight the sleepiness that overtakes my body. But I lose the fight and I fall back into the dark abyss of sleep, the only think I can feel is the warm hand of my mom on my forehead.

When I wake up... I am numb. My thoughts are dead, somber. I dont want to move. I dont want to do anything anymore as memories of the past event flood back in. Small tears slide down as I look around the now dark room. My mom isnt here... Im alone.



© 2017 Mckenna Baker


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

very gripping. eager for chap 3

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
1 Review
Added on February 2, 2017
Last Updated on February 2, 2017


Author

Mckenna Baker
Mckenna Baker

Missoula, MT



About
I am a young writer, who normally doesnt post much on here but when I do its when I feel passionately about something (or just in the mood for it of course) I hope you like my works. Thanks for taking.. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Mckenna Baker