The Blade Dancer

The Blade Dancer

A Story by Yurie Lee
"

This is based on the song The Blade Dancer by Peter Gundry. Make sure to take a listen before or while you read this. Thank you. Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=Nr9pYMdl2Tc

"

Sand mists the browning skies of Arabia in the middle of the desolate, barren Sahara. The sun is no longer visible, but the area remains visible. Sand dusts off the tops of dunes as the wind roars, growling as the gritty grain sweeps into the whirling air.

Her dark eyes flick ahead, consumed with the storm.

Agile, she walks armed, the twin blades of obsidian glistening the glow of fire. Desert sand fine under bare feet with each step, stealth-like with poise and a sense of grace.

Each slow breath escapes with a tunneled huff, warming the inside of her embroidered black niqab.

Commence.

Arms swoop overhead, both swords in sync as they danced. A foot stepping backward, one slender arm descending, the swords twirl in her fingers. Kaput thrashes against her; the demon refused to be tamed.

The glow strengthens as the whirling speed of her swords increase. Glow sparks into flame, trailing the obsidian in hues of reds and oranges; both passionate and beautiful, like watching the rebirth of the great Homa.

The blade dancer swirls round, toes digging into the sand's fine grains, arms rising parallel above her head, blades revolving"creating a vortex as deadly as the power of Aeshma. The storm rages on, rumbling low roars as her concentration intensifies.

Flames catch around the dust funnel, illuminating the ferocity of its power"the intensity of the whirling mass of scooped grit. Amongst the flare of reds and oranges arose black wisps, cackling subtle shrills that still manage to harshly pierce her eardrums. The narahs have come to join the swirling fiasco.

All focus is set on her vertical form"every tendon, every muscle set to become her dance. To fuse the soul to the wickedly powerful, fiery passionate physical body.

With a grunt of malicious intent, arching to the final pose of a ruthless conquer" Kaput finally collapses, caving into itself until it vanishes into nothingness.

Her heart thuds in her chest, expanding and retracting with each dry, heavy breath. Applause sounds from a dozen men filling her ears from all around. A few cheers echo from one side, from those who are especially impressed.

Her eyes closed as another exhale hisses through her nostrils.

© 2018 Yurie Lee


Author's Note

Yurie Lee
This is a story based on a song of the same name by Peter Gundry. This is what I imagined while listening to that song. Regardless, thank you for taking the time to read this short story I wrote.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked the artwork and the story was very good. You made the character come to life and the scene alive to the reader. Would be a action pack tale if more was written. Thank you Yurie for sharing the entertaining story.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 1, 2018
Last Updated on February 1, 2018
Tags: arabia, middle eastern, song, peter gundry, persian fantasy, short story

Author

Yurie Lee
Yurie Lee

About
Hey, I'm a 20-year-old who likes to write here and there. I haven't enjoyed writing much, and today after a long while, I finally had a break through. It made me really happy, as I have recently l.. more..

Writing