Dante

Dante

A Chapter by Yuuki
"

My broken and shattered heart is whole again. After all my years of pain, it is finally full of love. But, is this love something I should be feeling?

"
As I arrived at the kingdom, I could see all the angels that were flying around it looking at me and whispering to one another. I simply scowled at them, and they flew away. Will this new life be like that last? People constantly looking at me and talking bad about me?

I reached the castle, and pushed open the gigantic doors leading into an enormous and breath taking room. The floors were pure granite, as I looked down I could see my reflection. My light blue hair was flowing down until past my elbows, my gown was making my body seem graceful, my wings were full and beautiful. I gasped, I was never this beautiful on earth... The walls looked as if they were made of the purest of things because they sparkled. There was ice shaped in the form of doves floating above the floor. As I walked into the room, sparkles left my feet every time I walked. As I approached the end of the mysterious room, I saw a throne.

"Are you there lord?" I asked, with a shrill voice. I was curious about this kingdom, and all of its mysteries. It was as if this room opened my eyes to the mysteries and secrets of Heaven, I was completely shocked.

"Yes. Are you ready for your first task, Alice?" His voice soothed everything in my body, it was no wonder why he was the king of heaven.

"Yeah, I am." I responded to him. I sat down on with my feet crossed; after this whole experience I was exhausted.

"Alright. Your task is to go to Limbo to retrieve a soul that was wrongfully put there. But, be careful demons are also in Limbo, so take caution while you are there."

"Ok, I will go to Limbo...just one question, how do I get there'?"

"The portal to Limbo is right behind that door" He stopped and pointed to the grand corridor leading to gold doors. "Go and come back, make sure you meet no demon with or without the soul."


"Alright, oh and how will I know what soul it is?"

"There will be an aura around his soul like you feel around your wings, his soul will feel pure and full of calm."

"Alright, I will go now."

I left the room with the empty throne and went down the grand corridor. As I opened the golden doors, I saw the portal, it was a weird sight, the portal was a twist of the calmest colors. It was spinning, the colors were coming in and out and forming new colors, it looked like I was looking through a kaleidoscope. As I stepped through the portal, there was a sensation I felt that something was about to change, I just through the feeling away.

Then, I was in Limbo, and it was a beautiful place; not as beautiful as Heaven, but still beautiful. There were colored trees, and green grass. The sun was up high and shined down on the land, but there was a dark part too, probably for the souls who committed suicide. There, the trees have no leaves, and there are is no sunshine. I thought the soul must be in there, so I entered. I wandered into the darker part of Limbo, and I just kept on walking.

I thought the soul must be somewhere deep in here, but there was also something pulling me there. As I was thinking, I tripped over a branch and fell down.
In a mere second, everything happened. All the souls came to me, they were all saying, "I don't belong here take me to heaven!". They were grabbing and clawing at me. I tried to brush them away but nothing happened, they kept on coming. Some touched my wings, it was weird to have anyone touch my wings but me.


Then he came. He growled to the souls and all of them went back to hiding in the trees and bushes. But, as they went back into hiding, they all screamed at me, pleading me to take them to heaven. I twitched, this shouldn't be happening, I thought. Then he came back to me and stared at me.


"Who are you?" He asked me, and I looked back for a second. I got on my feet and let my gown down. My wings sprung outward and I stared back at him. He was beautiful. His hair, his navy hair was over his eyes. But his eyes were brown, dark brown. He was lean and tall, his skin was pale; it was breath taking.

"I am God's Angel."

"You seem too young to be an angel, what's your name?" He asked me as he leaned on a decaying tree to the right.

"I was murdered on earth, that is why I seem young, I was only 18 when I died. Why are you asking about me? Who are you?" I said as I stood up, fixing my ripped gown and straightening my wings.

"Ah, that is why. Well, I am Satin's Devil. There's something about you, it is strange, I cant sense anything horrid about you." He said and he stepped closer to me.

"Satin's Devil? You seem too young to be that. Plus, my soul is pure, or so I'm told. By the way, my name is Alice, whats yours?"

"Alice? A common name. My name is Dante. And yes, I am Satin's Devil. Are you lost?" He said again, taking another step towards me.

"How could you tell?" I eyed him curiously as I spoke. I took a step towards him, we were now about 5 inches apart.

"No angel in their right mind would come here unless they were either lost or stupid." He chuckled, his laughter was...beautiful. Then he resumed, "Plus, you don't strike me as the stupid kind, so I assumed you were lost."

"Well, you might be wrong on that comment, I may be stupid after all for talking to you."

"Why? Because I'm a demon? You angels are all the same, too quick to judge us. But, there's something about you, it...it...Can you feel it too?" He asked me. I stepped a short step closer, we were almost so close I could hear his breathing.
I knew exactly what he was talking about it, there was a feeling...It was pulling me to him, it felt like I was alive again.

"I don't know what your feeling..." I said, he sighed. But I resumed, "But there is a feeling pulling me to you, I wont lie."
He seemed shocked, and he leaned down... but then pulled away.

"If you need some escort, I would be happy to lead you to the other side of Limbo."

"That would be great." I responded. He started walking, and I just stood there. I broke God's rule, I talked to a demon.

"You coming?" He called back to me, chuckling a bit more.

""Oh, yeah of course!" I yelled to him. I caught up to him and we walked beside each other. I followed him, and he kept on giving me glances. I couldn't see anything that showed he was a demon, no horns, no red skin, nothing.

He was just beautiful. Within every second that we waked beside each other, I just wanted to be closer, it was a weird feeling. I had never felt this way before, never on earth. I hadn't noticed that the dark parts of Limbo were getting lighter, before I knew, we were already in the lighten parts of Limbo.

"Here we are. Good-Bye" He told me. I nodded to him and walked forward, then I felt him grab my arm and push me towards him, I gasped. He put his arms around my and leaned down.

Before I knew it, he was kissing me. The feeling I had felt before making me want to hold him accelerated. I kissed him back. This kiss was amazing, every single thing in my body was lighting up, I had nothing left on this world, Why should I hold back? He held me closer and I kissed him back. Before I knew, my heart longed for him, I...was...in...love.

What would happen now? What would happen now that I...I was in love with a demon? But most of all...what would happen now that I had disobeyed the lord? I thought, tears slowly starting streaming down my face. But... I couldn't bear to let him go.



© 2010 Yuuki


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm seeing Romeo and Juliet lol ... why not. It just may be that love is the closest thing we have to heaven and all we need of hell. Forbidden love is timeless. This seems to be a verry original and thought-provoking re-invisioning. Keep making it your own:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


O.o I like it after all. XD

Posted 13 Years Ago


Thanks, and dont worry! There will be plenty of detail on Dante later on in Chapter 4. Its just I dont like describing a character the moment they are introduced. Other then that, I do hope to see what you think of the rest of the book! :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


A good read. Good description and detail, though I would've liked more on Dante.
I can see the plotline starting to develope in this chapter. The forbidden love between a Demon and an Angel. I am looking forward to more.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
4 Reviews
Added on June 19, 2010
Last Updated on June 24, 2010


Author

Yuuki
Yuuki

Elkhart, IN



About
Most people call me a dork, because I'm remarkably silly and clumsy. I simply respond to them, "Thanks!" Because when someone calls you weird, a nerd, a dork, or anything that you think puts you down,.. more..

Writing
Masked Masked

A Poem by Yuuki


Alone Alone

A Poem by Yuuki