The White Room

The White Room

A Story by Ahiru2001

"Hello..?"
Calling out into the walls of complete whiteness I wonder if anyone is even there. Perhaps they forgot about me. Is this some kind of test? How long would it take to lose all sanity in this small white room,with nothing but a bed inside of it... A small white plate is slid underneath my door into the room. I guess they're still there. I walk over to the plate. Rice. White rice. Everything I come in contact with here has to be white! "Thank you." Nobody responds. What kind of sick joke is this?! They can't simply lock me into this hellish chamber and leave me here until I go mad, c-can they...? I'll show them. I just won't go mad. They'll realize the experiment was faulty and let me go! "Brilliant!" I dance around the room spinning faster and faster until I fall to the floor laughing. That is, when I hear a voice. It's weird though, like it is muffled by a pillow. Or being filtered through a thick cloud. "What are you doing?" It asks me. I giggle in response. "Why, I'm dancing! Can you not see my joy?" I flash a big grin to the ceiling to demonstrate my happiness. "You do not seem happy. Simply desperate." What?! That's absurd! I let out a small chuckle of irritation. "What do you mean?" I hear the voice let out a sigh before responding. "Well you see, the answer is quite simple. You want to get out of here before you go mad, but they won't let you out now." My eyes widen. I'm not mad, I'll even show you by not yelling. "Why not?" The words did not flow quite as smoothly from my lips as I had hoped, but they were calm nonetheless. "What I mean is, you've already gone insane. Thus, showing them the experiment was a success." This person is the one who has gone insane! "Oh really? Give me three examples of me losing my touch with reality." The voice's laughter bounds throughout the room. "Number One, you laugh at your being imprisoned." "I'm simply joyful!" The voice huffs at my response and continues. "Number Two, if you could only see yourself the madness leaks out of your glossy eyes, straight from your twisted soul." Okay, this person must be lying now! Ugh, keep your cool. You know this person is wrong. "How do I know you aren't lying? There isn't a mirror to confirm your description." "The mirror only tells half of the story." This one is really getting to me now. "So far I'm not convinced." I hear the voice chuckle softly. And with great confidence, calmly said, "Three. You hear voices of people who don't even exist." I freeze. My whole body is like stone. I look around the room. I had been so caught up in the voice, I hadn't even thought to confirm it's reality... I truly have gone, completely, utterly, undeniably...
 
The door opens and two men wearing clean white coats walk in. "We have decided that 14 hours in here would be more than enough for you. Come on." They probably aren't real either. I leap onto one of the men, clawing at his coat and reaching up to his neck. I'm laughing hysterically now. I feel a small but sharp pain in my neck. Three more men come pull me off of the one man, but I don't really care. I'm kind of tired right now anyways. 


Mad.

© 2015 Ahiru2001


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
Added on July 2, 2015
Last Updated on July 2, 2015

Author

Ahiru2001
Ahiru2001

WA



Writing
Cyberbully Cyberbully

A Poem by Ahiru2001


I Know I Know

A Poem by Ahiru2001


Those Eyes Those Eyes

A Poem by Ahiru2001