Soliloquy: Dummer Junge

Soliloquy: Dummer Junge

A Story by Zackery Alan Daley
"

Dummer Junge means foolish and/or silly boy. Metaphors and riddles are used but it makes sense to me. :)

"
          So at last, the fox has been outfoxed, the Sun has set under a South-West sky, and the clouds of the night alleviate the stars and Moon from being unseen.  Creating a darkness only felt in a tyrants heart, it begins to change my own self-image.  After the light has been blown out, it allows a rational thought free, telling me how to become brave, and how to achieve those things I most desire.  Odd how a simple change of light can affect the thinking process.
          The wolves are out howling, and I answer their simple cry with a similar shout.  Meeting in the meadow where a carcass lay.  Only I'm no wolf, the meadow is a slummy house, and the carcass is an addiction.
          Can it be that the only thing I ever needed was an accomplice?  A person to hold after I slip out of reality and back?  No one has told me so, and since I have no certification I will continue to listen to the "professionals".  Pump me with your prescriptions until I bloat and explode into a cataclysm of what a human is considered to be.  You'll never listen to me.  The story of the foolish boy starts with this.

© 2010 Zackery Alan Daley


Author's Note

Zackery Alan Daley
I would appreciate feedback deeply, and I hope this may satisfy your lust for literature if only for less than a minute.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was beautiful. The scene that's set is interesting, to say the least. I also like your vocabulary. Hope this was enough feedback for you.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I enjoyed the whole piece, however I particularly enjoyed this line: 'Pump me with your prescriptions until I bloat and explode into a cataclysm of what a human is considered to be.' I felt like I could really relate to that.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 23, 2010
Last Updated on August 23, 2010

Author

Zackery Alan Daley
Zackery Alan Daley

Kanab, UT



About
Hello my name is Zack. I have been writing since I could properly hold the pen. Then computers came around so I type up some work on this site from time to time. Thank you for checking out my conte.. more..

Writing