Daphne Saved Derby

Daphne Saved Derby

A Poem by Zackery Alan Daley
"

A deceleration of love from the female side, a rarity in my usual poetic style. Let's see how you like it :).

"
“I’m so confused, stuck in my own reality
Nothing ever makes sense to me
Let me dwell, love, I will be fine
As long as I know you’re mine”

Daphne! Derby just hit the floor!
I’m scared! He’s never drank this much before!
Save him! Don’t let him go to the light!
Comfort him! Or he’ll be dead tonight…

Wakes up in the hospital and cries
Wishing that he would have died
She squeezes his hand and declares
“Don’t do it again…don’t you dare
You can’t leave me all alone baby
Nope, not at all, not even maybe”

He smiles for the first time since
His parents went to heaven
Squeezes her hand back and states
“I’m sorry Daphne, my baby,
Sometimes it just get’s so hard
I’m so glad you were there to save me”

Daphne saved Derby
Derby loves Daphne
Yes you can have me
For all of eternity
Or is that not long enough for you and me?

© 2010 Zackery Alan Daley


Author's Note

Zackery Alan Daley
There is more truth than not, however names and situations have been altered for the sake of privacy and not getting bitched at by my high school peers.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

you unfold a happenstance in quick jabs of reality served as is~ as it was~
the sincere quality is not overloaded with emotional angst but revealed in the format of a tale quite relatable by youth in its simple heartfelt realistic terms~
almost feels like a song~ you invoke empathy in the reader for the youth in the poem~ very well related~

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

you unfold a happenstance in quick jabs of reality served as is~ as it was~
the sincere quality is not overloaded with emotional angst but revealed in the format of a tale quite relatable by youth in its simple heartfelt realistic terms~
almost feels like a song~ you invoke empathy in the reader for the youth in the poem~ very well related~

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very good poem. The rhyming seems so effortless when you do it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hello Zackery Alan Daley,

If you don't mind I will just refer to you as Zack from now on. I am not sure what to make of you yet Zack, I am not sure if you are here to be a troll or to try to help people better themselves as authors, honestly I don't care either way. You are entertaining. I like to be entertained. So I hope you dance for me like you have others.

Are you a monkey Zack? it's an honest question for an honest guy. Are you here to just put others down and call them names or label them? If you are, Good I will be entertained. If your not, then I suggest you actually think about what you would like to say to other people, because you already told one of the best and most read writers that she copy and pasted her work. You won't make friends like that Zack, and people won't review your work.

Which would be ashame, I like what I have seen so far Zack, although you have had a few grammar errors Monkey Boy, or whatever that is in the picture. Unless you just copy and pasted this from your gal pals journal.....Would be a shame to assume a monkey has any talent.

Always,

Matthew

P.S. Thank you for doing exactly what I wanted you to do my little pet, thank you for answering my question. Monkey see, monkey do. Want a banana?

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ry
Oh so simple, and yet oh so beautiful. I love how you put in the effort to start with capital letters at the beginning of the line. So many people carelessly "forget" to do so. "sake of privacy and not getting bitched at by my high school peers." -- That made me laugh. I can totally relate, even though none of my high school peers are aware that I have a WritersCafe account. Great poem! -Elizabeth

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

250 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 23, 2010
Last Updated on August 23, 2010

Author

Zackery Alan Daley
Zackery Alan Daley

Kanab, UT



About
Hello my name is Zack. I have been writing since I could properly hold the pen. Then computers came around so I type up some work on this site from time to time. Thank you for checking out my conte.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..