I Hate It

I Hate It

A Poem by Anna Baker

I hate it
How he makes me feel
How my heart
stops then starts
at the same time

I hate it
how I get sad
when we haven't talked
or texted
in one day or more

I hate it
how I get a pang
in my heart
when he passes by
and only says "Hi"

I hate it
how I die
each time I see him
in the halls
each day

I hate it
How I know
he probably still likes me
but I'm too stubborn
to talk to him first

© 2011 Anna Baker


Author's Note

Anna Baker
Yeah. I know. Generic teen girl poem. But hey, this is how I feel right now. SO DEAL.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it. Emotional, smooth, personal, and true. Nice poem. :)
~Rae Emeral

Posted 12 Years Ago


Vulnerability is the soul of poetry, and you clearly express that in your poem. Though you make think it is a generic teen girl poem, it is also a rough draft, and the beginning of your journey towards tapping in to your soul. We've only see a glimpse of the romantic you are to become. And let me tell you, it looks very promising. Don't stop.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Writing is writing. The only real way to get better at anything is to practice. It seems like you're not happy with your effort, it was good. Any depth it lacks or doesn't lack would be lost on a typical teenager at any rate ... good job, keep writing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I feel your emotions and power flow through the poem. Great write because I liked it a lot! :)

~Lizzard~

Posted 12 Years Ago


I actually liked it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Yes. Shallow young generation poetry is everywhere these days. No deep emotion. But in this poem of yours you tried best to sound aesthetic and I want to say kudos for that :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


HIYA ANNA BANANA!!! Only I can call her that, so all of youse who's reading this, she will come at you like a raptor if you call her that, so dont. And, right, the actually review XD I'm sorry you're feeling like that :( *hugs through computer* but your poem is still good. The flow is nice, and it's short (my favorite kinds of pomes) Fantabulous job!!! And yes, you are to stubborn XD and dont worry about it being to "generic" it's how you feel, and you cant change that, so just write it out. I LOVE YOU!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Haha, you can write about your emotions anytime, because it's YOUR writing! And this wasn't that bad. I would say that you should be careful about the flow of the poem, because with lines so short, it can happen easily.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 27, 2011
Last Updated on April 27, 2011

Author

Anna Baker
Anna Baker

SOMEWHERE VERY. VERY. MAGICAL., MA



About
OH HEY THERE. I'm Anna. Yep. Pretty fab. I like writing. I do I do. I'm 14. Currently hating emotions xD But really. They get annoying. I'm bestest friends with the ever famous Howl Pendragon on here... more..


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..