Just Smell the Flowers

Just Smell the Flowers

A Story by Mindless Mindset
"

Peace is where you find it.

"

Title: Just Smell the Flowers
Characters: Zaikyo, Ruka
Status: Drabble
Genre: Soft, Sweet
Rating: G
Synopsis: Peace is where you find it.
Comments: This really makes me feel at ease. I hope it does for others.


Zaikyo was always so amazed by Ruka. He was a man of mystery, of solitude. But at the same time, she saw someone who found comfort in his friends and the knowledge that they were there for him. He was a person who would protect the ones he loved at any cost, including his life. Sure, Zaikyo had seen Ruka prove this to be true countless times. Whether it be is the mists of a dangerous battle, or simply an emotional hardship. Ruka would be there.

But then why was he so quiet? Why did he spend so much time by himself? How did he find such comfort in solitude? It just didn't seem to make sense. Though to Zaikyo, it did. She could remember how people used to wonder about her. About how she loved company, but could stay in her room alone all day. She was just that type of person. Someone who found peace just by knowing there was someone near. And that even though they weren't swept away in endless conversation, they were still together. Silence was just another way to show that you felt at ease with that person.

Zaikyo smiled as she thought about this and looked down at the figure before her. Surrounded by beatiful white orchids with light orange tips, drowning in millions of strands of forest green grass. His hands lay beneath his head, eyes closed and a peaceful expression decorating his features. He has been amazingly still in that position for over an hour, Zaikyo sitting cross legged next to his head. She loved to sit with him like this, always wondering what was on his mind.

"Hey Ruka?" Zaikyo whispered. She looked down at his still form.

"Hmm?" he responded, keeping his motionless composure.

"What are you thinking about?"

This question seemed to amuse Ruka a little. A small smile grew on his face and he drew in a huge breath. "I'm not thinking at all."

Zaikyo raised an eyebrow. "Then what are you doing?"

Ruka's smile widened. "Just smelling the flowers."

Zaikyo smiled too . This was her Ruka.

She gazed out in the distance at the big white mansion surrounded by tall trees bearing red cherries and white magnolias. And at all the orchids resting their petals atop the sea of green. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes.

Here in the garden, in the quiet, Ruka found his solitude. And also... His company.

Flowers033.jpg White Orchids image by Ritawalsh23

PinkOrchidFlowers.jpg White Orchids image by masolis922

16161z.jpg white and purple orchids image by crisi2mcl

orchids.jpg orchids white image by altheamars

WhiteOrcids.jpg white orchids image by mlowrance1219

© 2008 Mindless Mindset


Author's Note

Mindless Mindset
Comments are love! ^_^

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on November 24, 2008