Into the Water

Into the Water

A Story by Zak

Beyond the Shadows and Into the Water

The coastline sat precipitous in the dark. But the dark was not complete: it was a blue darkness, a dark that glimmers navy and gray with the nearness of morning. The few remaining stars above lighted the water with sparkles. The breaking of waves was regular and calm and soft, like the touch of a lover.
Beyond the rising and falling of the tide, out behind the mindless pattern of the waves’ steps, lay a boat. It was a smooth-contoured black vessel, with a cabin situated aft. Its sails were furled so that the wind could not succeed in moving it.
On the deck, shivering just a bit with cold, was a man. He was blanket-wrapped, though not tightly. He sat on the foredeck in an aged chair that the years had shined

This man, though partly covered, one could tell was thin. His face was young, but growing a wrinkle here or there. A beard, trimmed even and black as pitch, covered his lower face. Above his beard was a greek nose, a close set of brows, and eyes, eyes which reflected no light. At least, not at this moment.
Those eyes, every once in a while, would close and the head would drop back. For a while he world was quiet as the boat sat. The man would sigh and open his eyes again, continuing to stare with his lightless eyes into the lightless distance.

© 2013 Zak


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

272 Views
Added on March 4, 2013
Last Updated on March 13, 2013

Author

Zak
Zak

About
I am a 19 year old College student just writing away and learning about life. Reading and writing just provides such knowledge about life and people. Basically, reading really makes you more intel.. more..

Writing
Ugh Ugh

A Story by Zak


Habits Habits

A Story by Zak


Article on Gas Article on Gas

A Story by Zak