Inspiration

Inspiration

A Poem by Zak

Images of inspiration


What does inspiration look like?


What form does it take?


What does it feel like


Taste like


Smell like


Act like


Live like


When does it arrive in the mind and why then?


For some men it comes in the morning, when voices clamor in their heads and won’t shut up until he finishes being inspired


For some men, perhaps, it comes in the middle of the day, when the beauracracy has taken its toll on his patience, and all of a sudden it pours out of him, like money from an ATM on a windy day.

For some men it comes at dinner, when the body is ready to take on it’s nutrition, the mind also craves it’s own dinner, it’s own kale salad of art.


For some men it comes in the sad times, when everything seems lost, when the serotonin and dopamine and melatonin and testosterone and estrogen and all the things that make us who we are combine into a witches cauldron inside his mind and double bubble toil and trouble and art come flaming from his mouth, his pen, his sword, his mouse.


For some men it comes when they are atop the mountain, standing in the sunshine after mercilessly pressing their bodies against that law of all laws, gravity, for hours. And there it is, his body’s reward for toil, for struggle, for life against all odds.


For some men it comes in the night, when the violent, repressive, inspirational, life-giving, wild things of life seem to fight, like the Romans AD, in his head and the blood soaks through the soil of his synapses until it sprays out into…what?


Writing?


Sculpture?


Painting?


Emotion?


Voice?


Song?


Action?


Movement?


Sexuality?


Conversation?


Reconciliation?

Are these things and more the form of inspiration, it’s shape, it’s colour, it’s sound, it’s texture, it’s odor?

© 2015 Zak


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked this piece it was very meaningful and I like the way you pointed out how everyone can be inspired in many different ways, and that there is many ways to get inspired.
I like the way it was written out, and like I said the whole meaning behind every word, quite a moving piece.
Keep writing :)

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

308 Views
1 Review
Added on October 7, 2015
Last Updated on October 7, 2015

Author

Zak
Zak

About
I am a 19 year old College student just writing away and learning about life. Reading and writing just provides such knowledge about life and people. Basically, reading really makes you more intel.. more..

Writing
Ugh Ugh

A Story by Zak


Habits Habits

A Story by Zak


Article on Gas Article on Gas

A Story by Zak