Chapter 1.2: The Opening continued

Chapter 1.2: The Opening continued

A Chapter by aaaa
"

Chapter 1 continued

"
"No one had ever opened that door, and why would want to open it anyway, to doesn't lead anywhere. I have walked around it more times than I can remember it just had the other side and that's it." He said, now unsure of himself.

"Well there shouldn't be any harm in me unlocking it then, should there?" She asked she turned around to look at him.

"I-I guess not." He said while still feeling uneasy about the whole thing. It made sense, all she would do would open it, it wasn't like there was anything on the other side, there couldn't be, it was just a door... in a field, there wasn't a chance it wouldn't just open, and reveal nothing, then she would leave him to his tending. Right?

"Well, ok then." She pushed the key into the lock and turned the key. There was a faint click, then another slightly louder one, and then another louder still. The clanks grew louder and louder as it seemed that ancient gears, rusty and still had finally ground into life. The din had become so loud that it made the air in lungs vibrate with the noise of it. Margaret seem unperturbed, she simply stood there as the vibration shook the ground around her. She reached out and grabbed the knob turned it. A faint light started glow on the crack between the door and the frame. The light grew brighter and began to snake along the door, each wood grain radiating light as Margaret stood there staring at it, Abe had to turn and shield his eyes, though the light still shone through making his vision angry and red.

Then it was gone. The silence closed in on him almost more deafening than the sound itself had been. He realized he had collapsed onto the ground, reaching up to his ear he felt a trickle of blood coming out of it. He rolled over onto his back and stared up at the white sky.

"Are you gonna lay there all day or are you going to come with me?" said Margaret from above him. She was standing over him looking down at him.

"Come with you! I can't do that I supposed to guard the door." He said indignantly, though he had never really done much guarding. There was no real point to guarding a door that no one wanted to enter anyway, and even if some did come he wouldn't know what to do. Margaret was living proof of that. She had walked in here and just done something that he was sure was against some rule, if there were rules.

"Well suit yourself then, you were supposed to be my body guard but I guess not. Oh, well. I guess you will just have to go back to tending your plants and sitting by the stream and the other such things you do around here." She hefted her pack back onto her back and walked towards the door,

"But... but I like tending the plants." He mumbled in a new pleading voice. She continued towards the door.

"I know... I know pretty cushy life you got here, nothing to hurt you nothing bad can happen." She stopped just before the door and looked back over her shoulder at him ", but have you ever wanted more?" His mind was working frantically now on one hand this would be a chance to leave the field he had been on for so long, oh it was a nice field but wasn't much for the adventurous types. On the other hand it was a nice field. Nice and safe, nothing to disturb him, but also no adventure, none at all. His mind raced as he tried to wrap it around the idea of leaving the field.

"Wait!" he yelled to her as her hand closed around the knob. She looked back again now with a huge grin on her face. "Just let me grab my walking stick and I'll be right there."



© 2010 aaaa


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I had lots more written, but it seems to have disappeared. Oh well se le vie.... on to the next chapter.

Below is one of the errors I found, if you add the word - then- it will complete the sentence. I can't remember the others but I am sure if you read thru- you will spot them, Zach!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1. She reached out and grabbed the knob (then) turned it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Its a very good chapter. You get a chance to be in the man's head for a sec.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I liked this. Can't wait to read more.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

641 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 5, 2010
Last Updated on April 5, 2010
Tags: dreams, fiction, afterlife, gate, 4th, fantasy, margaret, cain & able, abe


Author

aaaa
aaaa

Tracy, CA



About
aaaa more..

Writing
Sky Rails Sky Rails

A Book by aaaa



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Forest Man Forest Man

A Poem by aaaa


Kidnapping Kidnapping

A Chapter by HorrorMaster