Chapter 1.3: The Opening continued

Chapter 1.3: The Opening continued

A Chapter by aaaa
"

Chapter 1 continued

"
"I knew you would come!" She said as she jumped up and down excitedly. She followed him ask I walked over to the stream. It was where Abe slept at night, it was peaceful, and the sound of running water calmed him down. He reached down and grabbed his walking stick, it was taller than he was and curved on one end, while the other had been sharpened to a point. It had been rubbed smooth by constant use during the time he had been there.

"Nice staff, rustic looking, but you aren't going to able to get down while carrying that." She took the stick from me and again took the pack off her back. She opened another one the toothed pockets and started to slide the staff into the whole. Despite the staff being far larger than the pack should logically be able to hold it simply slid into the reassesses of the sack.

"But, how did you do that, and wait what do you mean getting down?!" Margaret ignored him and instead strode towards the door. She reached out and took the knob. She again turned it and instead of the massive clangs this time there was a simple click and she pulled it open.

"You're so full of questions aren't you, but no time for that now you can ask me all the questions you want once we make camp." She looked through the door and her hair flew back as if a breeze had blown through the door frame. Abe walked over and looked through the door. Instead of what the logical part of his mind told him should be there, which was simply more of his field. Instead though the door seemed to be a small patch of land overlooking a horizon and a few mountains. Not the horizon like he was used to, this was proper horizon with a sun and everything. The sky was blue.

"Wha-what is it?" He said in sheer disbelief, trying to communicate in words the muddled mess that had become his mind over the pass few minutes. He walked around the back of the door. It still appeared to be closed, nothing seemed to be different except now instead of the small amount of light that shines through door and frame there was a simple blackness.

He walked back in front of the door again and gazed through to the world beyond. He walked slowly, tentatively. Each step to a goliath effort, every synapse of the logical portion of his mind was screaming for him to stay, but that voice, that little vice you get that tells you to keep going. To keep pushing. It was screaming at the top of its lungs inside him mind for him to walk through the door. Pass that threshold into a brave new world. He reached the door, he ran his hand along the frame appreciating it's smoothness not knowing that this would be the last time he would do this. With one step he was through.



© 2010 aaaa


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

second sentence= as not ask; not sure about this word-reassesses, I think you mean- recesses;
Last paragraph-had become his mind over the pass few minutes.= the word 'pass' should be 'past';vice

Posted 13 Years Ago


I liked this. Can't wait to read more. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

648 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 5, 2010
Last Updated on April 5, 2010
Tags: dreams, fiction, afterlife, gate, 4th, fantasy, margaret, cain & able, abe


Author

aaaa
aaaa

Tracy, CA



About
aaaa more..

Writing
Sky Rails Sky Rails

A Book by aaaa



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..