A drop of blood

A drop of blood

A Story by Zane Lee

            It was complete darkness. The young twelve year old girl could not see or feel her body and she could not hear herself talk. She was trying to move trying to do something she felt helpless. Out of the blue there was a circular light that shined on her she closed her eyes instinctively, shaking her head as she stated to get cold her body still slightly numb. She stated to feel pressure on her stomach as the coldness went away. She opened her eyes and shot up butting her head with her sister. “Mira! Do you know what time it is?” Mira pouted blowing in her sister’s face falling back and closing her eyes. “Mira… water wake up“… Those three words was all she needed to say. Mira shot up again opening her eyes this time her sister moving her head back. “Karen it’s my day off” she said in an irritated voice as she started to yawn her eyes not adjusted to the light yet. “No one has a day off we ALL have class” Karen said starting to get a little Frustrated. “Honestly and you call yourself the future Sorceress?” Mira laughed her eyes adjusting to the light. Karen was always so pretty Mira thought. She had long blonde hair and wonderful blue eyes and she tended to wear a lot of pink natural for a ten year old girl. Then again that was the only thing natural about her. No one could guess without truly knowing her that Karen was the smartest in the mages academy and always worked the hardest. But that did not mean she was the best. “I will I will” Mira said pepping up with Karen still on her stomach. “I will be the greatest Mage of all time!” Karen shook her head smiling “come on number one let’s get to class” she got off of Mira looking across the room noticing that the boy Taco was still sleeping. She laughed silently, thinking of the nickname Mira had made for him. Mira sat up yelling as she always does trying to wake herself up, and also Tacos wake up alarm as he sat up “rather large Karen thought” he stretched and started walking down the hall. Mira got up and slipped on her black witches robe. And the two girls walked out of the room opening the wooden door. No matter how many times Mira steps out, she is always amazed by the view. Even though she was at the lowest point of the spire, the neo mages level, she could see far across the trees and dirt paths and see the giant stone castle with four other spires connected on the corners smaller then hers. Karen looked at up at the spire “I was speechless when I saw the view hear I can’t imagine what it looks like from the top when it is clear, but, I will never see the top if you become the headmistress” Mira giggled looking at Karen “you do know a Sorceress and the headmaster can go up there” Karen sighed and leaned on the railing looking out “Mira you honestly think that you could become a Sorceress don’t you? There has only been two in the history of mages” Mira nodded and leaned on the railing next to Karen “I will, I know I can do it easily and you can become the headmistress then we will showoff are awesomeness and brag about it! “Karen shook her head and started to walk down the stone stares Mira following her they both laughed as they passed up Taco. He was breathing heavily tired from walking a quarter of the way down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

        They got to the bottom of the stairs walking toward the forest path “Mira how has your father been is he back yet?” Karen asked “oh yes he is fine he is the best of all time after all“. She nodded smiling that is true but the best of all time?” Karen laughed “I don’t think so he did not even become a sorcerer.” Mira started to get a little angry. Karen always thought it was funny and she giggled. “He is the best! There was no one better than him and I will be the only one in time to be stronger!” Karen shook her head still giggling she noticed Taco in fount of them on the path she always wondered how he did that. She looked back at Mira sulking and she fought back a smile. “Ok ok I am sorry I admit that Zane is…the SECOND” she ran as Mira stared to chase her yelling at her to take it back both of them passing up Taco. She was one of the fastest in the class there was no way that Mira would catch up she thought she took a sharp right on the path looking back she slammed right into Zane falling on her but. So I am the second best ever? He cocked an eyebrow staring at her. I…I am sorry headmaster! Gawking at him he was huge, over seven feet tall he has a very strong build and had on green Mages robes. He laughed as he held out his hand and helped her up Mira taking a turn and stopping quickly almost running into Karen and she smiled brightly at her monster of a father as she patted her head, his hand seamed to dwarf Mira. Karen noticing that Taco was far ahead of them at the end of the path.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The boy yawned as he stepped into the classroom the teacher Doro in the front of the class always inserting to see him he was very short with silver hair and eyes and he always wore fancy clothing. His desk sky blue meaning that they will most likely be learning about wind magic today his and Torah‘s element. He shook his head as he walked up the stairs his seat at the top next to Mira, Journo, and Karen. None of them where there yet “Mira will be happy” he thought as he laughed silently as he took his seat thinking of her and Torah getting into their normal fights. He decided to stay awake this time wanting to watch the fight. Taco sat next to him panting hard he shook his head. “Where are they at Journo? He never liked his nickname Mira gave him” “damit….Sora le…let me catch my breath First“. Sora shook his head again deciding to listen in on Torah and her friends. “Hay Torah!” Kari said as she ran up the stairs to her, Kari was the only one that was not warring a witch’s outfit, she was the richest in the school and she showed it a little too much she had three necklaces and earrings all made of gold she also had a black dress with gold trim. They stared to talk about how they will both become powerful and so on so forth the stuff that girls talk about hear he should have figured. He stopped listing after a bit; the only person that had any chance of becoming strong in this class was Karen he thought. He smiled as Mira and Karen walked in and of course Torah jumped down to meet them. He looked over to Kari as she sat down in front of him and stared to talk to another of her friends. He looked back at Torah and Mira as Torah was walking away sitting next to Kari. Karen had a scared look on her face and Mira looked confident, Karen was never fazed when they got into a fight….. Journo nudged his side and Sora jumped a little. Hay there they are. Sora shook his head and fell asleep as everyone else took their seats and Doro stared to speak.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“You have learned about a lot about magic, Doro said as he started to walk about the front of the class, “but there is still much more, you have learned about how mages can only control one power effectively, also to learn to control your own and learning about the limits of magic first hand. And base magic with all Mages can use“. “But what I have not taught you about is how to go above those limits and control more than one element he smiled as everyone sat up even Sora woke up for once for it. “But, by doing so, you destroy your mind and shorten your life span ageing you. These are“- Karen raised her hand he was not surprised he pointed to her. “The element stones and there is“- he waved at her to stop “these element stones give you great power“Doro continued. “If let’s say Sora hear got hold of the fire stone he would gain power equal to the headmasters“. Doro felt a little awkward he was not used to all of them paying attention. “But, if Sora got hold of the wind element stone he would become as powerful as our last Sorcerer Goren. He shook his head as everyone started talking he smiled he knew it would of not lasted long. He rose up his hand. “From now on all of you have full access to the sparing rings in the north spire and I grant you full access to the library.” From now on none of you are no longer neo mages, you have all now become witches and wizards congratulations. He smiled as everyone started to cheer I am still your teacher though so don’t get to happy! most of them have been neo for three years. But not Mira, he smiled at the memory, the first time he saw the headmaster actually smile when he found her and the first time he had seen him cry. Seeing her true parents were killed by mere goblins. The memory flooding of it his mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Doro nodded as Zane told them to hold. The four of them where in full black armor melding in with the night sky. Odin a young Merc was behind then as well was Mira a new Elite mage, was in the back, it would be her first true mission as a Elite, she was a quite girl but he could tell she was nervous. Zane passed through the brush the cold wind blowing harder as he got closer the to wrecked carriage, the smell of goblins in the air. Zane raised one of his hands up in fount of Doro, signaling them to stay there. Doro nodded reluctantly wanting to be the one to go out first. He watched as Zane walked out and looked around Doro was wishing they had brought a sensor mage instead of a lightning user. even though Mira did her part well. Neither he nor Zane could convince others the way she did. Zane motioned them to come forward. They all came up slowly Mira bringing up the rear. When she started to walk out he heard the wiz of cross bows. He had to react quickly he put a barrier around him and Odin. Zane doing the same. Doro realized that it was Zane’s job to protect Odin and it was his… he turned quickly getting ready to put a barrier over Mira. It was to late the small shower of arrows hit them. Mira fell back into the woods arrows penetrating her armor. Doro fell to his knees his barrier still up in shock of what just happened. He stared into the woods where she disappeared not wanting to go in and see her lifeless body. He felt heat from Zane’s magic as it lit up the night as he started to burn the forest. It was his fault, He let her die. Doro shook his head crying getting up and turning around ready to fight, but the fight was over with out him doing anything. All he saw was Zane standing there along with Odin, he had been burned on the left side of his face he was covering his eye as blood ran down his arm. Zane walked up to the carriage the roar of the fire drowning out the sound as Zane kicked in the door. All Doro could do was stare as tears stared to run down the great mage’s cheeks. As he walked inside. At that moment Doro knew they have failed the mission. The Greatest Sorceress that had ever lived was dead along with her husband and there newborn child. He fell to his knees again screaming as he pounded the ground the fire still raging around them. He felt hot metal on his forehead and he looked up. Zane’s hand on his face and in the other arm was a crying baby. He smiled as he looked in to his eyes; we have not failed my friend.

© 2012 Zane Lee


Author's Note

Zane Lee
well hear it is my first story on WritersCafe i want to make it a long one and my spelling and grammer is not the best so bare with me on this. I was planning on trying to make a full story on this but I decided to make another one that is similar but a better overall story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You know... You've got a good idea here. I didn't see a problem with the spelling. The only suggestion I would have is to start a new paragraph when ever a new person is speaking. That will smooth out the flow of the writing and make it easier on the eyes.

Keep up the good work!
Aaron

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Okay, so this is actually not a bad piece. If you would not mind, I could edit it for you. I did say I would help you (not that you need much help, only with format and spelling) and this would be a really good story for fantasy fans. But otherwise, I quite enjoyed it and I really like your characters. Not to mention that "Taco" fellow. The name was just hilarious and unexpected.

Posted 12 Years Ago


You know... You've got a good idea here. I didn't see a problem with the spelling. The only suggestion I would have is to start a new paragraph when ever a new person is speaking. That will smooth out the flow of the writing and make it easier on the eyes.

Keep up the good work!
Aaron

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

to be honest i dont like it that much just is the spelling and grammer its always better in you head no mater who you are its just the way you wright

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

263 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 2, 2011
Last Updated on February 29, 2012
Tags: Mage, Magic, Fantasy, Water, Earth, Wind, Fire

Author

Zane Lee
Zane Lee

Over the Rainbow, CA



About
to be honest I don’t have much to say about myself I like to write but I am horrible at spelling and grammar and I usually have good book ideas but I never can actually finish them. Some even I .. more..


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I Am Gone I Am Gone

A Poem by Alexis