Distressed Departure

Distressed Departure

A Story by Trillian

   Eleanor's throat was as dry as her heart was electric. Her brain screamed at her hesitant muscles as she took off into the woods, powered by fear and adrenaline. Her muscles felt weak, but painless. Death. Certain death. Her inevitable fate was shrieking at her in the back of her mind but was faded by thoughts of nothingness. Her mind was blank. She only knew panic. Her stomach rose back up from her feet as she reached a sudden sense of familiarity. She stumbled as she tried to bring her feet to a sudden stop. Then, without skipping a beat, she gripped her abandoned bike, sprung it upright, hurdled on the grubby seat and shot out towards the open country road. Doubt was bubbling through her veins viciously, but reason kept her feet making the chain spiral in exhaustion.
  Her heart followed the bumps of the tires as they lifted themselves onto the smooth, empty road. She wasn't entirely sure if she was in danger any more, but she knew she had to get away. Fast. As the forest became less dense she knew she was almost in town. The parallel cell phone towers guided her to the practically hidden sheriffs office. She toppled her weight onto her fatigued calves and allowed her bike to drop onto the shadowed pavement. The cold air froze the bead of sweat dripping down her jowl as she budged open the doors into a false sense of security.

© 2012 Trillian


Author's Note

Trillian
This is all I have for now. It's kind of a teaser, but I don't know if I will continue it. Reviews welcome!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It certainly was a teaser! I found myself intertwined with Eleanor and her race to the sheriff's office after a couple of sentences! I demand more!

Posted 11 Years Ago


WhimsicalAutomatonophobicHippopotamus

11 Years Ago

Yea. I know what you mean. I'm currently working on a HUGE story. On page 30 right now. Whenever I g.. read more
Trillian

11 Years Ago

Well, I'm not too experienced in this, but in my opinion, people would enjoy small increments as lon.. read more
WhimsicalAutomatonophobicHippopotamus

11 Years Ago

Thanks! Maybe I will... We'll just have to see...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

266 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 12, 2012
Last Updated on October 13, 2012
Tags: Bike, Suspense, Crime

Author

Trillian
Trillian

Houston, TX



About
I want to explore all of my interests as much as I can. I generally write short stories of fiction, but I enjoy poetry as well. more..

Writing
Deja Vu Deja Vu

A Poem by Trillian


Dreams Dreams

A Poem by Trillian