A tribute to every new poem on site

A tribute to every new poem on site

A Poem by S.zaynab.kamoonpury
"

Just a light tribute to new poems

"
Here on Writerscafe, the newest poem,
it pops up on-screen
like the latest off-shoot, or newborn babe
or like a newest floral bud,
in the orchards of poetry
Or like a fresh wave of words
crashing and cresting upon the turf
For all and sundry to view, enjoy and surf!
Or ha ha, even like linguistic kernels
that pop like popcorn
in the crockery of Writerscafe
with different flavors to choose from
to reveal what's been cooking in the minds
Some indeed spiced-up
some spicy
some acidic or buttery
all of 'em', more or less with melody.
Or the newest poetry is
to put it more exquisitely
a fragrant flower just bloomed
in the bedecked bowers of poetry
Or to say, each latest poem
pops up on screen
like pop goes the weasel
For poems pop up like meerkats
but on the lookout for friends instead of foes
Ah, and then they might wait
for the honey and jam of comments
and perhaps even the bitter gourd of criticism
But healthy criticism is like any bitter pill vital to health.
You're lucky if the doctors of poetry
refrain from prescribing chits of bitter pills to swallow,
Or opted for sugar-coated ones
for which you heave a sigh of relief
you didn't receive blunt sharp critique!
As I prefer sugar coated pills in all situations.

Yet if they do administer the wrong dose
out of sheer bias and prejudice
You can always give them a taste of their own medicine ,
if you wish to be vengeful and impudent
Or you can forgo, overlook and be lenient
For my poetry is meant to be tasteful
Harshly insensitive reviews can leave a sour after taste in the mouth,
As I'm habituated to taking sugar coated pills.
A prejudiced person could never appreciate my poetry
But all can comprehend my message hopefully.

© 2022 S.zaynab.kamoonpury


Author's Note

S.zaynab.kamoonpury
Click on top side pic to zoom in close up view of related pic.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

So............ I'll be honest, I don't do sugar coated stuff, neither giving or receiving. If I like something even a little, I will comment or actually review, depending on how much time I actually have on my hands, and how much or little I can offer.

Poetry is far away from me, especially in English, which isn't my native tongue... But, even in my own language, poetry is something I have trouble creating, even more trouble than these idiotic drafts of idiotic stories that I share... And that is all okay, see I know and have accepted that fact, don't aim for things you cannot reach, and you'll spare yourself a world of hurt, humiliation, disappointments and so on. If you do intend to reach for them anyway, then don't expect 'praises' and the like right off the bat, just understand that you've got a ways to go, perhaps a lot longer than some others might... and that's okay too.That's just the same with any skill. (though I imagine some people have a nasty way of explaining that) When I picked up the guitar for the first time, huh... I was just a dumb metalhead who thought that enjoying music so much means it's gonna be the same creating it. Was I wrong ... as wrong as one possibly can be. But in the end, I have learnt so much I couldn't have even imagined before. Now, years later -years filled with frustrations, failures, having thoughts of smashing the instrument on my head, and cutting off my dumb left hand- I can actually play. I'm not a 'natural talent' but I can play, and I can create my own crap, just like with writing, there is a lot of waste surrounding the few gems that we actually produce in the beginning stages, and improving skills doesn't mean that we produce less waste, it just means that the gems are more valuable, therefore worth digging out from the crud.

There might be times that I actually create something half decent, and in addition to that some bits that are actually 'valuable' however, in the end, without this level of honesty toward oneself, it is not possible to go beyond one's current level of ability.... Just stagnate, being contempt by the usual 'compliments' from the usual people, who if for no other reason, well then out of habit will give those compliments.

I'm not saying you should want to push for something bigger or greater, that's up to you, but if you expect constant praises and the like, then you've got no other choice but to improve. I don't want to be 'published' and I care very little when people come bragging about 'oh I published xyz books, and I'm here to tell you that your writing sucks'


however, I also don't expect praises and acknowledgement as if I too had written something worth publishing.

Cheers

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dennis Wolf

1 Year Ago

That is the question, isn't it? For its creator, everything makes sense, and all components fit and .. read more
S.zaynab.kamoonpury

1 Year Ago

Hmm i think you are nitpicking, because even if i don't see a purpose behind your write while i see.. read more
Dennis Wolf

1 Year Ago

Which is proving exactly what I said. Lol



Reviews

Oh, writing about writing. That's a bit like swimming because you fell overboard. You can't think of anything else to do at that point. But the writing here sounds a bit oversensitive. One person's review is just one person after all and different people will have differing views and attitudes. Different writers have different styles and offer different experiences. One size does not fit all. But I wouldn't let the criticism of one reader bother me. I've had my writing critiqued and torn apart in front of an entire classroom of gifted writers before. I learned something from the experience though. That's the important takeaway, that we learn and grow. The descriptions in this write are well thought out and presented but I think the expectations may be unrealistic on the whole. As for things on this site, it's just a place for writers to share a love of the written word. I wouldn't have outrageous expectations of it, either. Most of the writing here is proffered by amateurs wanting praise or some sort of validation for their "hobby". Don't take it too seriously or the reviews received. If you want sincere and actual validation, publish and publish again and get paid to do so. It's easy and it's profitable. There are always magazines looking for writing. But you have to find out which ones will accept unsolicited manuscripts or poems and how much they pay. Avoid (like the plague) "vanity publishers" or those that want to "sell" you something to see your writing in print. If you want to be taken seriously, they should be paying you for your work. But it takes dedication to your craft to create something publications will pay for. That takes work. And there will be rejection slips forthcoming. You just have to keep trying. That's my advice and it's worth absolutely nothing or I'd be charging you for it. (laughing) If you enjoy what you're doing I strongly encourage you to continue but if you're only looking for affirmation or validation and you find that here (but you're not getting paid) it's only because that's worth absolute nothing as to them as well.

Posted 1 Year Ago


S.zaynab.kamoonpury

1 Year Ago

Um hi poet, i simply write for the fun of it, both to impart some message or to entertain for litera.. read more
FGFRANKLIN

1 Year Ago

What I mean is, someone saying they enjoy something that is free to them is superfluous. Show me a p.. read more
“Or ha ha, even like linguistic kernels
that pop like popcorn
in the crockery of Writerscafe “
Great metaphors and imagery in this poem. Really enjoyed it S.!

Posted 1 Year Ago


This poem highlighted the truth about poets and poetry. So many good lines to quote.
I write as I live, share as I give.
You are talented indeed.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You described the various births of new poems in unique ways. Well done.

As far as harsh reviews, I would take them with a grain of salt while deciding if any parts of them have merit.

Good poem.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Dennis seems like a "lost soul". You should not be discouraged. Often what we poets write is only for ourselves. There needs not be a purpose. The sheer joy of writing, to express our feelings is all we need.
Take care - Dave

Posted 1 Year Ago


it's your pen
it's your paper
the time is yours
the words your own
honest or made up
matters not
if it rings your bell
cast off mate
bon voyage

Posted 1 Year Ago


S.zaynab.kamoonpury

1 Year Ago

Im honest with my words, thanks so much for fine comment!
This is fun to read....I especially enjoyed these words, "like a fresh wave of words
crashing and cresting upon the turf
For all and sundry to view, enjoy and surf!
Or ha ha, even like linguistic kernels
that pop like popcorn
in the crockery of Writerscafe."

Posted 1 Year Ago


S.zaynab.kamoonpury

1 Year Ago

Warmest thanks for bright ,lovely comment,
light and ashes

1 Year Ago

You're very welcome.
Poetry is subject to interpretation but a defining factor of poetry for me has always been involvement with the reader on an intensely emotional or sensual level. Emily Dickinson defined it thusly, "“If I read a book and it makes my whole body so cold no fire can warm me, I know that is poetry. If I feel physically as if the top of my head were taken off, I know that is poetry. These are the only ways I know it. Is there any other way?” To me, poetry must move the reader and allow them to share an imagined or real experience that touches them deeply.

Posted 1 Year Ago


S.zaynab.kamoonpury

1 Year Ago

Um i hope my poetry moved you somehow coz if it didn't its ok too, im never claiming to be professio.. read more
Fabian G. Franklin

1 Year Ago

There is no such thing as human perfection or a "professional" poet. "To be a poet is a condition, n.. read more
It's nice to recognize the courage it takes to post one's poetry for public consumption.
It's not an easy thing to do.

Posted 1 Year Ago


S.zaynab.kamoonpury

1 Year Ago

Yeah its not easy. Warm thanks for your thoughts.
I loved the complete poem and I agree. Every poem, a new diamond.
"Yet if they do administer the wrong dose
out of sheer bias and prejudice"
There are a few negative folks and we must allow them me be happy and negative with a smile. I met Bukowski once when I was young. He told me. I wrote like s**t and you must live and suffer some more. Then you become a good writer. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry and your thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 1 Year Ago


S.zaynab.kamoonpury

1 Year Ago

Very wise words coyote, we should let negative views be with a smile. But when things need clarifica.. read more
Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

I was 30 years old and I didn't know he was famous. I believe this is the reason he liked me. He was.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

302 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 5, 2022
Last Updated on December 5, 2022
Tags: poetry

Author

S.zaynab.kamoonpury
S.zaynab.kamoonpury

About
I like to call myself a poetess even though I'm no professional or conventional at writing poetry. Have been writing poems for some time and readers say they get message and/or entertainment from the.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Holes Holes

A Poem by Brad Dehler