Leo

Leo

A Story by zerieth
"

A short story of a man who happens to save lives.

"

Leo

By Zerieth (Real name (I AINT TELLING U GUYS =) ))

Peole will often ask themselves at one time or another, "What can i do? What can 1 man do?" The answer is very little. They require the help of other people to make a difference. However, Leo never needed to follow this advice. After being blinded by a man with dark powers, he had to relearn everything. Eventually he became stronger than ever before. He could figure out were a person was just by feeling the air around him. He could litterally smell you if you were withing 10 feet. He could even hear you breathing, even if you were quiet as a mouse.

At one point in time he stopped in one of the big cities, in New York. Not really caring about what the name was, he simply just roamed the towns back streets, on a job, looking for someone. Instead of the fight he was looking for, however, he found a different one for a different reason. Someone, in a girls voice screamed and was then cut off. Not having any leads on the one he was looking for, he decided to do something about this. He began to run towards the scream, and what ever else he would found.

As it turned out it was simply a few thugs, out to rape a young women of no more than 16. Leo, as you might guess, had something against this. The women saw him and tried to scream for help again but only got to taste a dust hand for her trouble. "Just shut up." One gangster said. "Yah, if your quiet you'll live through this. Besides i thought women loved to get layed." They laughed as the young women, now knowing her fate if she was left with these 2, went wide eyed with terror. Leo decided that it was rude to ignore him. He reached behind his back, grasped a claymore strapped to his back, and drew it with blinding speed. This was a move he liked to call, the shockwave, moving his weapon at such a high speed it created a explosion as powerful as a hurricane. It took a lot of power so he only used it at 1/10 of its normal strength, these guys weren't worth the full amount.

After they managed to get up again one guy shouted, "Who the hell are you!" Leo smiled and replied, "I'm the guy that knocked you on your a*s." Now that they had a good look at him, they were not nearly as cocky as before. For one thing, he was a 6' 4" man who looked like he went and benched his body weight for hours every single day. What really threw them was the black ribbon, worn with age, wrapped around his eyes. "Whats with the head band?" One asked trying to figure this out. "My eyes are deseptive so i do without them. Times up, It's time for you guys to clear out. Now i know what your thinking. Your thinking, 'There's two of us! We can beat him!' and i strongly advize you against it. I am not like most people." One gangster sneered. "Prove it." With that he drew a gun and fired it several times. The claymore blurred and the zing of metal hitting metal filled the alley. When it was over there wasn't a mark on him. The one who shot the gun tried again and his gun blew up. What had happened was that Leo had deflected a bullet back into the barral. When the guy pulled the trigger the bullet had know where to go. So instead of forward, it went out. Boom.

Now these guys were still to stupid to see that this guy had them way outclassed. The one that had hung back ran forward with a lead pipe in his hands screaming words that would give my mom a heart attack. Leo found no trouble in this and sliced the pipe into 5 pieces. That got their attention and the gangsters decided that their boss wasn't paying them enough for this.

As the gangsters ran away, screaming obscenities that would make my great grandma turn in her grave, Leo turned to the person he had saved. "Are you hurt?" He asked. "No. I think i'm okay." She checks herself over to make sure that she wasn't lieing to them both. When she looks up she see's him leaving. "Wait!" Leo stop and turns his head a little. "I don't want to see you following me. Bad things happen to people around me. I would prefer you stayed out of it." "But-" "No, i made up my mind. But if you need a hand just call. My name spoken out loud will do. Till then, good-bye." And with that, he walks around a corner and is gone.

A little while later, Leo is sitting in the shade of a tree in one of the parks. Without turning his head, he says, "You can come out, Zackarias." A man with white hair steps out of the shadows. He looks fit and has a rapier in an elegant scabard at his side. Apart from that and his piercing green eyes, he is dressed like a normal american. "How do you do it?" 

"You could say i'm gifted." Leo says with a smile while tapping his nose. "Nice scent, wearing d.o. today?" Zack shakes his head. "If you must know i got into a bit of a struggle against a plant user. She had an interesting way of fighting. Your smelling a vine that hit me."

"Oh."
"Caught your last battle there. Hardly a fair fight." Zack says with a grin.

"Meh, it needed doing. Do i have insurance?"

Zack pauses for a moment then says with absolute certainy, "If she ever needs a hand, someone will come".

Leo nods. "Then with that, i'll take my leave. I got a job to do still. One of them is in this city."
"Yes i noticed, though it doesn't want to be found. To make matters worse, i think there is something about that girl." 

Leo smiles. "So you noticed. I didn't want to force this life on her with my presence."
"Good luck."
"Ah shut up. I'll be seeing you. May our paths cross again."
"And may that day find us well."

They leave.

The very next day, Leo finds his quarry, in a back alley in the poorest part of the city. The man has black hair and blood red eyes with a similar build to Zackarias. This man has a deadly scimitar at his side. "Good job. It took forever to find you." Leo calls as the man senses his presence.

"I'm one of those ones that don't like to be found." The man replies drawing his sword.
"And yet, so eager to fight. I would have your name."
"I know there is no getting out of a fight once we cross paths. Its Marcus."
Leo is surprised.  "Your one of the good ones! You never kill people so what are you doing here?" 

"You could say that i was on a property venture. And the only reason im fighting is that i did kill someone. I'm just an assignment to you. So please let me go down in a blaze of glory, if it serves you."

Leo nods. "So be it."

© 2010 zerieth


Author's Note

zerieth
This is one of the first things I have ever written. I post this only for nostalgic value.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

264 Views
Added on January 8, 2009
Last Updated on July 1, 2010
Previous Versions