"My Uplifting Descent"

"My Uplifting Descent"

A Poem by Zoe Anne

"My Uplifting Descent"

You don't know how many times I've been at the very edge, Oh, you don't wanna know. But now I see myself falling over and over, With no end (Everything is thrown in my face constantly). I can't help but hope that you'll come along and grab my hand, But we all know that'll never happen again. You're gone forever; I'm dead to you, I mean, I might as well be. Right? Each time I think I see a dead flat surface, It just turns out to be another ledge, That I hit my head on, or break another bone. How many times does it take, For me to finally break? I want you to see, and feel all the pain. I want you to witness it all. Then maybe you'll understand. You'll understand everything that I didn't want you to understand. I hope it makes you feel down right guilty. Yeah, I said it. Karma will slap you in the face a thousand times, Just as reality did to me throughout my whole goddamn existence. So enjoy everything and anything while you can, Because my time is running out. I'm almost there...

Written by Zoe Anne

© 2013 Zoe Anne


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

" want you to see, and feel all the pain.
I want you to witness it all.
Then maybe you'll understand.
You'll understand everything that I didn't want you to understand.
I hope it makes you feel down right guilty.
Yeah, I said it."

A very nice poem...Thank you for penning...:).............

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

270 Views
1 Review
Added on October 31, 2013
Last Updated on October 31, 2013

Author

Zoe Anne
Zoe Anne

MA



About
I like to write a lot of horror, poetry, and lyrics. My inspirations are Edgar Allan Poe, Anne Rice, H.P. Lovecraft, and Stephen King. I hope that someday my name will be next to theirs... more..

Writing