Regret

Regret

A Poem by Zoe Kaufhold

Regret
I regret leaving
I regret not speaking
I regret not sheltering
I regret living
What if because I was born you went through this
What if this and what if that
None of the what if's
Could help me shelter your backs

© 2016 Zoe Kaufhold


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"What if because I was born you went through this
What if this and what if that
None of the what if's
Could help me shelter your backs"

I struggle with Anxiety and depression. It sucks sometimes but the cure that I've found is to write! It's the most joyful thing that I do. Just write! It will take away those pains and hardships. I would also like to say that you have real potential in your writing and I am Genuinely surprised how amazing your writing style is! It was fantastic and I just wanted to let you know that you could even one day be a published author/writer if you wanted to! Keep smiling, keep writing, and most importantly. be you! You have a talent and this is a talent that all people should see and read!
I have a story here about my best friend called "The Blonde Girl", you don't have to read it if you don't want to, but I felt like I should share it with you. :)

Your friend,

C. Lee Battaglia



Posted 6 Years Ago


Honestly, I believe that everyone has their own share of regrets or skeletons in their closets. We must learn to not allow those regrets to hold us back or tear us down. Don't make them let you think you are less than what or who you are. Just keep your head up and do your best to make it through to the next day. Each day is new, so whatever you may have done wrong yesterday, you get a fresh slate come tomorrow. Just gotta breathe and remind yourself that a bad day will not be the end you. Great & powerful, emotional poem. I really enjoyed reading.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Regrets are part of life and none of us, not even saints, are immune from them. What they provide us, if we’re receptive, are life’s learning lessons. We regret, then alter our lives to have less regrets and more positive experiences as we grow as humans. Really nice verse.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Continuous regret will not help you move forward. Instead, it will keep you stuck in time, contemplating on the things you can never change. None of those regrets can be reversed, so it's useless to walk backwards. Like you said in the end of this poem, it can't shelter anyone's back. The past is the past; time will continue to move on even in insufferable guilt. That's a frightening aspect of life, unfortunately. Still, I loved this poem. It hits home. Great job!

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 27, 2016
Last Updated on August 27, 2016

Author

Zoe Kaufhold
Zoe Kaufhold

Mason, OH



About
14 yrs old Ohio suicide survivor love writing love reading soccer more..

Writing
Psycho Psycho

A Poem by Zoe Kaufhold


Wonder Wonder

A Poem by Zoe Kaufhold


Life Life

A Poem by Zoe Kaufhold