A Desire

A Desire

A Story by Zorrin86
"

A prose poem story.

"

Masochist that I am, I wanted to fall in love with you, deeply, madly in love, only so that one special day you would break my heart and send me spiraling into a fit of madness and unendurable suffering. At a glance I would dig underground tunnels to strange places, like the Count of Monte Cristo, or eat wallpaper like the Germans starving between Great Wars. To carve you into my memory forever I would study your features and measure your limbs, like Rembrandt studying Jews for his Biblical sketches. I want to taste you in a drop of poison. I want images of poison to be dancing reflections of you, like Salome dancing before the King with evil intentions. You’ll be my w***e of Babylon, and in the moment that I can’t live without you I’ll toss you into a sea of inescapable darkness. I need to feel something. I can’t stand being empty anymore! When pain is stronger than love, I’m going to need you. Such is my mad hope; such is my ardent desire.

© 2016 Zorrin86


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on June 17, 2016
Last Updated on June 23, 2016
Tags: Fiction, Short Story, Drama, Poem, A Desire

Author

Zorrin86
Zorrin86

Louisville, KY



About
Avid reader...writer, musician, artist of sorts...into esoterica, spirituality, mythology, classical literature, a delver in many things. more..

Writing
Hearthstone Hearthstone

A Poem by Zorrin86