The Holocaust: A Look into One of the Systems of Persecution

The Holocaust: A Look into One of the Systems of Persecution

A Story by Freedomgirl16
"

This looks into the overworking and etc. of the Jews and other ethnic groups.

"

The Nazi Regime did many terrible things to the Jews and other ethnic groups. Among those things were working them to death with little to no food at all ("The Holocaust: Systems of Persecution" Shae). The Nazi put Jews and people of other ethicities in both death and labor camps. At labor camps, the prisoners were put to work, even if a prisoner was sick. It didn't matter to the Nazi. Hiding the illness was the only way for the prisoners to survive ("The Holocaust: Systems of Persecutions" Shae). If they had even so much let out a single cough, they were beaten to death or killed by a Nazi soldier ("The Holocaust: Systems of Persecution" Shae). Many people died in the concentration camps. The conditions were extremely horrible, and were inhumane as well ("Internment" 2.2).

Among the things that the killed Jews and the other ethnic groups were overworking, disease, and starvation ("The Holocaust: Systems of Persecution" Shae). Among the diseases that killed "non-Ayran" prisoners was typhus, a disease caused by the bacteria Rickettsia ("Typhus" Intro). Among it's victims was the 15-year-old author of the world-wide reknown book, The Diary of Anne Frank, and her 19-year-old sister. Others died of starvation and overworking as well as many other diseases. The victims were underfed and malnurished, and they were greatly enmancipated. Their bones even showed through their skin. That's not even the worst part, though. If they had survived the many atrocities the were committed against them, they either suffocated or froze to death ("The Holocaust: Systems of Persecution" Shae). The Nazi even did experiments on little kids as well as kill them too! All the victims that had died in the Holocaust were various ages!

Often times, the Nazi separated a lot of families, sending them to other camps. When liberation came along, the surviving family members didn't even know if their other family members survived. It was very sad. Even whole families were probably wiped out in the concentration camps. An example is the Frank family. Only Otto Frank, the father of Anne Frank, whose diary made her famous after she had passed away, and her older sister Margot, survived until the liberation. Sadly, he had found out that his wife and daughters hadn't been so lucky. They had all died in concentration camps before liberation. His daughter's, Anne's, diary was published into what is now the most famous book, The Diary of Anne Frank. The book posthumously earned her international fame, as it documents what she went through while she, her family, and a few others went through while in hiding ("Anne Frank" Intro). In an epilogue that was written by a family friend of the Franks, he reaveled of what had came of the book's 15-year-old author, Anne Frank ("Jan Romein" Wikipedia). Both she and her 19-year-old sister Margot had died of typhus around two weeks before the liberation of the concentration camp Bergen-Belsen ("Anne Frank" Intro). Mr. Frank was among the surviving members of various families who had survived the war. All in all, the Holocaust was the most horrific period in the earth's history. Who knows if there be another Holocaust in the future. Everyone has to wait and see if history could repeat this horrible atrocity now.

© 2013 Freedomgirl16


Author's Note

Freedomgirl16
This is an assignment for my credit recovery class. It's a rough draft, but it's something. I'm leaving my sources on there.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on August 30, 2013
Last Updated on August 30, 2013
Tags: Holocaust, Nazi, Anne Frank, Otto Frank, Bergen-Belsen

Author

Freedomgirl16
Freedomgirl16

St. Marys, GA



About
I don't have much too say. more..