My ball

My ball

A Story by Shreya
"

Its in me.

"
                                                   MY BALL
You see it there, its right there. A breeze and the net moves a bit, challenging you to approach it..... Will you make it? Drenched in sweat, panting like hell, you square the way out. Theres a left and then its pretty straight. U get the pass and you move. The summer wind feels cool, kind of nice on your red hot face, flushed and wet. Its going to be quick, yet you know what will happen, you know each second of your movement. You dribble, relax a bit, see who's with you , see who isn't. There's one just across waiting for a perfect cross. Give it? But then you see the opponent at her back. You calculate, but too late, there's someone behind you, waiting to attack. "Run!" Each cell in your body cries out. "Wait" the grey cells take command. You wait at the half-court, wait for the perfect moment, don't cross the half yet, you wait. There she comes, fast as lightning, you dribble once and flash a grin. You take a step back and she flies past. Then its your way all along. You plunge into the next half, they cry for a foul- back court, but you know you hadn't crossed the line. You move, its your moment. "Shoot" some one cries at the back and you feel adrenaline pump in proportions you didn't know were possible. You take the first step of your lay up. Its there, right there waiting. You take the second, you feel close, no one can stop you now. The last jump, you already hear the cheers. And THERE she comes mumbling behind you. Shes angry with what happened at the half court. Your fingers leave the red thing, you somehow know it will make it, BUT, unfortunately, you cant see the ball any more. 

Thats on account of the fact that your breathing the concrete floor, your knee hurts. She did what she came for and seems pretty happy looking over you with that sneer. 
BUT,
Who care's dude, its my ball and i made the shoot!

© 2010 Shreya


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Enjoyed it thoroughly... as if i was the one working my guts out! You got me truly enthralled by this write and yes as devyani said i could feel the essence of the court!
Keep it up gal! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dev
HAHA !!! I hope this isnt based on a mutual "Hurt-ee" on the court :P haha.. Loved it.. catchd the essence of that concrete court we love so much perfectly.. u jst forgot to mention how the coach cheats more than the kids :P :P Good write !! lovin it

Posted 14 Years Ago


simply great. :)
I used to remember our intramural.. I really enjoyed watching basketball games during those days. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Cool! It was great.... ;))
I used to be a basket ball player myself but left the game after i came to my present school. But I cud feel the excitement in the words, experience it.
Way to go buddy !! (**,)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

268 Views
4 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 22, 2010
Last Updated on March 22, 2010

Author

Shreya
Shreya

Jammu, India



About
Raised Einstein from the dead to tell him of the flaws, but forgot his brain's in a jar elsewhere. Still, good photo op & puppetry practice. ALSO thinks copy & paste is the greatest invention ever th.. more..

Writing
Secrets Secrets

A Poem by Shreya


Sorry Sorry

A Poem by Shreya