The Night

The Night

A Story by aasheesh puri

The night I’ll never forget. I’d never want to think of it again.

           **

“Bye son take care” said my mother as she waved me bye. I was very happy as dad and mom were both leaving for Delhi to attend wedding of dad’s brother, leaving me alone in the house. As mom dad left in the morning I enjoyed the full day eating junk, watching TV, doing no homework. I slept late in the night as it was Sunday the next day. I went to bed without checking any locks on the door. After about half an hour I went to drink water, I went down stairs, drank water and came back to sleep. I just went to bed when the thought came to my mind that I had not locked the front and main door properly. I was scared and went down stairs again, but now there was a difference not only in my work but now my legs was shivering too. I went near the front door and it was wide open. I got more terrified by the thought that maybe someone wouldn’t have broken in my house but gathering courage went out towards the main door, locked it and went inside. As I was closing the front I saw someone in the handle of the door which was silver in color and I could see the reflections beside me. The stranger by then was going to hit me with a knife in his hand I turned my back towards the door and faced him ran to the left but got a cut of knife at my upper left arm. I got scared and ran straight upstairs to my room, locked it from inside. Closed all windows and pushed my study table to the door. There was no phone in my room by which I could call the emergency or my parents though. I was terrified by the negative thoughts coming up to my mind at that time. My mobile phone was not in my pocket; maybe I would have dropped it while running. As I was thinking about what to do next I heard the door bell ring. I was happy by the thought that it must be neighbors. There was complete silence for about 5-6 minutes. I thought the thief or whoever he was had done his stealing and went out of my house. I pulled the study table back, unlocked the door and went outside to see who it was at the door. As I went out of my room I heard the door bell ring once again and door opening. I started running and was glad to find that it was the society plumber, Mr. Ghai. He saw my left arm bleeding and immediately took me to the doctor. He told me on our way that he was passing by and saw someone running out of the back door. He wanted to check if everything was all right. I told him that mom and dad were out of town. We reached the hospital and my dressing was done. We went back home to check what was it the thief had come for. We both checked the whole house but only my parent’s room was in a bad condition and the safe was open but nothing was missing. I think the thief was here for something he didn’t find. I called mom but there was no answer. I tried several times and was successful at last; mom picked up the phone and told me that it was on silent profile. I told her the whole story she got scared and told me that she was coming immediately. It was 6 am by now. I spent the rest of the time with Ghai uncle. The most terrific night I’ve lived.

© 2011 aasheesh puri


Author's Note

aasheesh puri
ignore grammar problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 9, 2011
Last Updated on July 9, 2011




Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5