Epilog

Epilog

A Chapter by Craig2591

In the case against Billy Groover and his drug gang, the state police collected so much evidence against them during their raids on his warehouse, home and used car dealership that they didn't need Chrissy's or Emily's testimony. They all received lengthy prison sentences for their various crimes.


Since Sheriff Karl Horst and his deputies were never actually a part of Groover's drug empire, the most they could be charged with was bribery and corruption. Because they all pleaded guilty and cooperated fully with authorities in the case against Billy Groover and his gang, they were sentenced to probation and/or house arrest.


It couldn't be proven that Karl Horst was actually trying to kill Chrissy during his pursuit of her, so those charges were dropped. For all of his other crimes he was sentenced to eighteen months in a minimum security facility, of which he served twelve months before being released for good behavior.


Chrissy was furious, but not surprised.


At his sentencing hearing, Karl Horst read from a prepared statement in which he tearfully apologized to the citizens of Spencer County for betraying their trust in him as their sheriff, and specifically to Chrissy and Emily for failing in his duty to protect them from Billy Groover.


Chrissy and Emily did not attend.



© 2013 Craig2591


Author's Note

Craig2591
Suggestions and constructive criticisms are always welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved it! You should make a next book.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig2591

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much for reading and reviewing.
Only one problem--it ended. A wonderful piece. Well done.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great story Craig. I enjoyed it immensely!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig2591

10 Years Ago

Thank you for reading, Barb.
Craig2591

9 Years Ago

Thank you.
Nice wrapping up explaining what happened to the key characters.
Good story. It was nice/fun reading about Chrissy and Ian.
You have a nice book taking shape here.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice ending, it relates the fates of all the bad guys with just enough detail. It reads and acts like a postscript of sorts.

Bravo on another book completed.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig2591

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much! I hope you enjoyed it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

566 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 20, 2013
Last Updated on November 27, 2013
Tags: mother/daughter, motorcycle, chase, roadtrip, Amish, adopted, adoption, drugs, drug gang, gangsters


Author

Craig2591
Craig2591

OH



About
I am a visual artist with no formal training in creative writing. I get stories knocking around my head and sometimes I write them down. I decided to join this site to share them with other writers .. more..

Writing
Challenges Challenges

A Story by Craig2591



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


10. Depression 10. Depression

A Chapter by Craig2591


Challenges Challenges

A Story by Craig2591