Too short

Too short

A Poem by Abdul Aziz

Life is too short to live fully.

Far too many unspoken words to hear;

Far too many smiles to collect;

Far too many evenings to watch the sunset together;

Far too many cobblestone streets to walk on with her.

 

Eventuality never unfazed me.

Life was bound to lie breathless one day.

I always knew life was too short.

I didn't know it was so short.

 

I now walk through my memories,

Trying to inhale the scent

Of the flowers she had worn that evening.

Trying to recollect the smiles

She had scattered all over me.

 

Trying to live her.

For she was my life. 

 

As I rummage through my treasury of memories,

I realize I was wrong.

Life is never "too short to live fully".

Life is too full to ever be short.

© 2010 Abdul Aziz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
RTB
live is too full to be short that was a great poem awsome message awsome flow awsome everything good job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is an example of what poems should look like. free flowing with great expression of feeling. thanks 4 sharing this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


One moment can last a lifetime, and a single memory can be so full of life as to make all others seem unimportant.

This poem contains much wisdom, truth, and sadness. It's a beautiful reflection of what once was that has changed; yet, love makes it immortal forever.

Linda Marie

Posted 13 Years Ago


Reminds me of Robert Herrick's

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may,
Old Time is still a-flying:
And this same flower that smiles to-day
To-morrow will be dying.

You expressed very well the fleeting of time, life indeed is short we are here but for a little while,but life is abundantly full so one must dance to life tune while we still can~

Great!! write my friend.


Posted 13 Years Ago


Gosh, it's amazing!
"Life is never "too short to live fully".
Life is too full to ever be short." these lines hold on so much dignity and truth. And the first stanza was my favorite! Greattttt job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I'd like to quote 'I always knew life was too short. I didn't know it was so short.' (So very true. Though you changed your view in the end, I won't :P). Some poems should not be critiqued on basis of rhyme/meter; Poetry is something beyond just those, poetry has a mind of it's own and sometimes, you can't stop it inside the boundaries of rhyme/meter/form. This is one such 'Run-away' poem, lol. Very fluid and a subtle message well delivered. Keep writing.

*Yaruppa adhu love panni poem-lam ezhudhardhu?* :P

Posted 13 Years Ago


profound exploration of the condition of the human being through life moments~
a meorable pulse flows through each step taken toward understanding the brevity of life and the textures within and throughout the span~ beautiful and moving~

Posted 13 Years Ago


I am still pondering over the lines..Life is never too short to be lived fully.

Life is too full to ever be short....there is so much of deeper meaning to grasp there.This has a hint of sadness and is written with a warming simplicity which reaches readers very quickly and moves them instantly.This reminded me of sweet november or was it september,it had keanu reeves,is one thing i am sure of..:)
Eventuality never unfazed me.

Life was bound to lie breathless one day.
That line was very good,life was bound to lie breathless one day..it can be summed up in many ways and not only be pertained to a protagonist who is mourning the death of his lover..but it can be viewed in respect to life as such.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

253 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 17, 2010
Last Updated on July 17, 2010

Author

Abdul Aziz
Abdul Aziz

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India



About
Hello there. I'm a medical doctor by profession, in search of a better career. Right now, my only pastime seems to be navigating around the vicissitudes of life. I'm passionate about computers and p.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Liminal Minds Liminal Minds

A Chapter by Pax Analog