Home and Happiness

Home and Happiness

A Poem by Abdul Aziz

The beads of sweat upon the worker's brow,

The hope his heart has heaved upon his head

That life may love his children as they grow,

And on the right path they may gently tread;

 

The smile upon the mother's gentle face,

Despite the frugal means surrounding her,

For Providence has gifted her His Grace

And mercy of the kind that grants succour;

 

The laughter in the children's little hearts

That knows not class or rank or worldly wealth;

That mirthful play that bids rancour depart,

And binds the home in peace and perfect health;

 

'Tis not in tricksters' cards or in their sleeves,

But here at home that magic lives and breathes.

© 2012 Abdul Aziz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A wonderful, heartfelt, heartwarming poem. Home and family provide the greatest comfort and are extremely essential, and I believe what you've penned is truly remarkable and evocative of the comfy, warm family life. Though they may not be the wealthiest people, they still possess the foremost wealth of love and affection. It's a pity there's no rating of a million.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A wonderful, heartfelt, heartwarming poem. Home and family provide the greatest comfort and are extremely essential, and I believe what you've penned is truly remarkable and evocative of the comfy, warm family life. Though they may not be the wealthiest people, they still possess the foremost wealth of love and affection. It's a pity there's no rating of a million.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful places and thoughts you took me with the amazing poetry. The good description took me to places of laughter and where children play without fear. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


This sweet family may not be materially blessed, but they are rich in love's blessing !

A wonderful, heartfelt uplifting poem of human endeavour and harmony !

Posted 10 Years Ago


Abdul Aziz

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much for the kind words Tom
I think this is beautiful, embodying what all loving parents should desire for their children: love and happiness. This is what makes a happy home.

Your words wind soft and gentle, as a turban of mist around the mountain, that our hearts might reach the heights of your delicate dream.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Abdul Aziz

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much Linda :)
Linda Marie Van Tassell

10 Years Ago

You're welcome, Abdul. It really is a beautiful poem- a heartscape in words.
Happiness and love are the most important wealth a family can possess. Your scenes of contentment filled with laughter and they are delightful to read.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Abdul Aziz

10 Years Ago

Thank you :)
Abdul,

This is such a beautiful piece. I'm glad I have discovered your writing. This is so heart-felt. All the stanzas are wonderful, the last and the closing couplet are amazing as you capture first the innocence of children which is so wonderful and then the true magic of the love and comfort offered by a loving home.

Loved this one so much. Highest marks. This is among the few pieces I rate highest on WC.

Best regards and respect,

Rick

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Abdul Aziz

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much Rick! I'm humbled that one of the best poets on the Cafe likes one of my poems :.. read more
Rick Puetter

10 Years Ago

This was a stellar piece, Abdul. So you are most welcome and deserve the praise. But you flatter me.. read more
If only we could capture this truly happy sense of life no matter our circumstances... to be able to find that childlike wonder of the world that exists in the place we call home... It can be whatever we wish it to be, and too often we treat it as commonplace. Lifting write!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Certainly one of my most favorite sonnets here of the Cafe, thought I'd recommend a simpler language ('frugal', 'succour' 'Tis') because the subject matter is pastoral. However, it's not too necessary.

Coincidentally, I've been interested in 'pastoral melancholy' too, these past few months. Let's see where this gets us.

Keep writing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

796 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 25, 2012
Last Updated on March 25, 2012

Author

Abdul Aziz
Abdul Aziz

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India



About
Hello there. I'm a medical doctor by profession, in search of a better career. Right now, my only pastime seems to be navigating around the vicissitudes of life. I'm passionate about computers and p.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Change Change

A Poem by Soren


Confide Confide

A Poem by A. Amos


Love Smoke Love Smoke

A Poem by Paul Bell