The Night Will Walk

The Night Will Walk

A Poem by abejoyal

This is the base of your spine

Where needles grow

And Moths fly

Where all eyes devour stone

Where nerves are fluidous

And opinions are enigmatic

This is the ego's stomping ground

Where purple prose is the only language spoken

And wilted daisies may pop

The Night Will Walk

Subtle?

I hope I don't get trampled

© 2009 abejoyal


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hrm. I actually had difficulty with this poem.

Upon first impression, it seemed to me as if it were of my favourite genre, literary nonsense, but upon further inspection, that first impression seemed to be flat out wrong. This is very expressionist, in terms of the imagery. Not to be confusing, but the piece 'tastes' good. Hard to describe what I mean any other way; also note, that was a compliment.

The cadence was extremely well done, and for the brunt of the piece it was stoic and detached. But at the end, there was a hint of apathetic pragmatism kind of thing going on there, does that make sense?

The piece was a colurful jaunt through the field of the strange, and the ending was the 'human' element of it, bringing a bit of glib that I found to be somewhat playful in it's pragmatic tone, you know what I mean?

Taking it further, when I try to see the poem on a more symbolic level, frankly, I just get confused. It seems like this piece can be enjoyed on different levels and perspectives, but for whatever reason when I try to take it to a more symbolic 'poetic' level, I just seem to get confused. I'm not saying that it's a bad thing, in fact that's probably a good thing; it makes me appreciate the piece more as a bit of nonsense without extraneous symbolic meanings.

Which I'm sure you know, I think is a wonderful thing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wow. The diction, imagery, flow, everything about this is amazing. I really like this piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 3, 2009

Author

abejoyal
abejoyal

everywhere i am



About
I'm unpublished and stereotypical, hoping to one day become a novelist. I'm currently nearly finished with a novel, which hopefully I'll be able to get published. I've been reading my entire life and .. more..

Writing
Anatomica Anatomica

A Story by abejoyal