Anatomica

Anatomica

A Story by abejoyal

Topher took his drag of his cigarrette, a checker. He didn't like them nearly as much as the pleasant sweet flavour of djarum blacks, but he couldn't afford cloves and hadn't been able to for some time now. He worked two minimum wage jobs, barely enough to cover food, rent at the half way home where he had been staying and probation fees.

So Topher inhaled deeply and blew out, careful to not let any go up his nose, where it would sting the tender flesh surrounding the hole in his septum, an unfortunate product of countless lines snorted of oxycotin. It was however, satisfying to have this one addiction which society still semi-permitted him to indulge in. Topher had always supposed that it was due to the fact that were drugs not looked down upon, then there would be no stream of crime that kept the people in need of government. However, he had never had a voice trusted enough for Topher to express said theory, though he was more knowledgable on the subject than most.

"You should be at a meeting"

Topher turned towards the clear and smooth voice of the woman who spoke to him, surprised to see before him the curious form of a little girl. She stood before him, stark naked save converse high tops, straight faced and staring.

"Who are you?" Topher asked as he noticed her eyes, one turquoise and one lavender.

"I suppose meetings were never the thing for you Topher," she said, ignoring the beaten mans question. "But there is much more to be expected of you."

"Like what?" Topher asked with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"You will be the voice of the underground, like so many before you. However, you're message will finnally be undeniable. You will bring change to the masses, for before the glory of your words they will fall to their knees, crying, nay begging for your words. You shall be the mouth piece for the world that has turned its back on you and none will be able to stop at the power of your voice."

"What are you talking about?" Topher asked, wrinkling his brow at the strange child.

"You see, Topher it is today that you shal choose to be no normal addict. Today you shall begin your journey. In three years time you will be the most known man in all of the media. All of this is true Topher, because you have been to hell and back. You are the king of lepers."

Topher looked at the girl, in awe of her bizzare nature. However his face went smooth with understanding when she walked up to him and grabbed his hand, looking up at Topher, who let the ciggarrette drop from his lips.

"I think you should quit. We need you alive."

© 2009 abejoyal


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
H
Quick paced, to the point, strange, even a little erotic. The scene, as I pictured it in my head, played out like a cartoon. It was stretchy, bouncy, and defied gravity. It was even a bit satyrical.

Is this just a short piece or do you plan on continuing?

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
1 Review
Added on July 25, 2009

Author

abejoyal
abejoyal

everywhere i am



About
I'm unpublished and stereotypical, hoping to one day become a novelist. I'm currently nearly finished with a novel, which hopefully I'll be able to get published. I've been reading my entire life and .. more..

Writing