Drug abuse relation to socialialization

Drug abuse relation to socialialization

A Story by andrea
"

How drug use and abuse is related to how society raised awareness and information on what is right and rong.

"
Drug use /abuse is related to socialization because it (the use of drugs) isbased on how socially acceptable it is.  Such as marijuana is socially acceptable in some states (parts of California, Alaska,) and Holland.  Being socially accepted creates (in my opinion) less abuse. overdose of drugs legalized.  In Holland I saw one person trying to sell illegal drugs.  Everyone else I met smoked pot and drank in moderation because it was always legal to them, no need to abuse it.  Children lashing out an dbeing deviant trying to act "mature" AKA drinking depending on how they where raised and what is known as cool.  Not knowing their limit is what lets them abuse it.  Social acceptance of a community that allows drugs and alchohal seem less problematic than very negative restricted comunities allowing soc ial deviance of the drug laws.  Along with that, drug addict parents can either raise a drug addic child, or very anti-drug children. depending on how society helps and shows the children their version fo right and wrong.  Socializing all of the children is a good way for them to learn the social norm of drug use/abuse.

© 2011 andrea


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on August 16, 2011
Last Updated on August 16, 2011

Author

andrea
andrea

About
I am in college to become a meteorologinst. I have currently found out that I have a nack for writing. I am also a pianist, live by the lake in a lovely little house, and have 3 dogs. more..

Writing