the six o'clock people

the six o'clock people

A Poem by ur_ginger_girl
"

a poem i wrote about the people i always see in the morning, following the same pointless rut. its based off the short story by stephen king called "the ten o'clock people" but its not as dark.

"
the six o'clock people out the door before seven I look at their glum faces bored and tired.
I am one of the six o'clock people as much as i hate it. up at six on the bus by seven and sitting at school by eight.
I watch the other six o'clock people bored and angry on their way to school I realize the common bond we have most will never notice.
Some of the six o'clock married to four and five o'clock people go off to work and school alone.
By nine o'clock the six o'clock people will be semi awake, but now they walk like zombies, stuck in a pointless rut.
the six o'clock people forever six o'clock people from the first day of school till retirement. 

© 2013 ur_ginger_girl


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Finding a way that empowers you to live though you would gladly do it for free is something few people succeed at. But you can if you try. And when it isn't work - it isn't pointless nor a rut.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
1 Review
Added on October 15, 2013
Last Updated on October 15, 2013
Tags: boredom, observation, rut, six, oclock, people