The Void

The Void

A Story by Adam
"

A short exercise of my writing ability to attempt to describe depression.

"
Emptiness, a black void of nothing attempting to suck everything into itself, never to be complete as all that once was now turns into nothingness once inside. Blacker than the blackest night sky it consumes without thought or regret, only a constant hunger for more while it remains there, unmoving. It is the unforgettable abyss, the contrast to all that is good and pure. It stays for so long it appears eternal and even hope is drowned in the void, being maliciously twisted into bleakness.
Where there once was a spark, maybe even a fire, shining bright for all to see is now gone and nothing is left, eventually everything inevitably fades away. There is no escaping from it, it is always there like a parasite which slowly destroys the host until all is gone, but the darkness remains. It is unfillable no matter how hard I might try, impossible to ignore and yet impossible to change like the unsolvable riddle or the unreachable height.

"It never used to be there. So why is it there now? When did it arrive and what is its purpose?" This deadly curse, penetrating and absorbing all that comes near. There is nothing left now, but a decaying carcass where there once was life. All is consumed, gone and never to be remembered, but still it hungers for more.
There is no hope, no saving grace will arrive, nothing more to hold on to. "Join the darkness" it screams from within, so horrible and yet so appealing. "What is left? Why not join? It has taken everything so why not give it the rest?" Can not remember when these thoughts first arrived, too long ago. Too hard to hold on now, it may be time to join it, soon, very soon.

Nothing has changed and nothing will change, no matter how hard I try. Everything will end up being sucked into the void and nothing can be done to stop this.
Maybe I should just give in... maybe?

© 2016 Adam


Author's Note

Adam
Ignore the length of the story it was merely an exercise in my descriptive writing. Other than that, please be as critical as you like on all things. It'll help me improve.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is an accurate description of depression in a way that makes me feel not so alone about suffering from depression when I was younger.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Adam

7 Years Ago

Oh wow, thank you. That is quite possibly the highest compliment I could recieve. And to think that .. read more
This is a well written way of describing how everything impacts a single feeling. Thank you.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Adam

7 Years Ago

Hi, thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 29, 2016
Last Updated on November 29, 2016

Author

Adam
Adam

Liverpool, United Kingdom



About
I've been writing for a while but it's difficult for me to stay focused and motivated. I've joined this site to attempt to give me that extra motivation and also develop my skills as a writer to hopef.. more..

Writing
Things we lose Things we lose

A Story by Adam


Diary Entry Diary Entry

A Story by Adam