The Sticks

The Sticks

A Story by Italian Pride
"

This came to me in a meditation on action and what course of action to take.

"

 

And God said to me, “Stick the sticks in the mud, Son.  These are your dreams, your desires.  Now watch what happens to them.”
                               
I watched intently expecting something to happen, but the sticks stayed in the mud motionless.
                               
And God said to me, “Take the sticks from the mud and sharpen their tips so they resemble a spear.  Now throw them with all your might.”
                               
I threw the sticks and they flew farther than I could have imagined.  A gust of wind also helped to carry the sticks too, the breath of the Father/Mother God.
                               
“This is what happens with desires and dreams.  When you take no action and lay them dormant in the mud expecting and praying for something to happen, nothing will come to fruition.  But when you took action and trusted in me, I guided the desire to its destined, all good place.  Take action Son, and pray on my and your inherited abilities and I shall be ever present.  Only with that can you advance yourself in spirit and bring out the Christ within.”
 

© 2009 Italian Pride


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on June 19, 2009

Author

Italian Pride
Italian Pride

Phoenix, AZ



About
I am half-blood Italian, but don't let that fool you; I embrace it as if that's all I am. I have inherited several Italian traits, some good and others bad, ranging from my ardency in relations to th.. more..

Writing