The Power of Us

The Power of Us

A Story by Italian Pride
"

Another part of my assignment which I chose to do on the power of us, our given ability to change and improve.

"

We have been given the choice as humans to live the life we really want. There are several studies and branches to the way of achieving happiness and fulfillment. I have come to believe, and many disagree, that we all have the power to shape the way our lives unfold. I especially believe that all things in life that occur are due to some thought that we had; an example would be getting that A on the math test, if you focused so intently on getting that A you'd be led to act in ways to guarantee the A. This all goes back to the way that our brain works and the discovery that we have a machine to use. Let me say this, WE are NOT machines, but we control a machine in our brain known as the subconscious. This machine of ours has the ability to lead us to riches and happiness if we apply it correctly.

I've had several criticize me for my belief that we are in control, especially the radical Christians who believe God decides if we're going to be successful or poor beggars. Well I have news for these critics, God has given man the most beautiful of all gifts and that is the ability to think. He has in store for us all that we will need to be happy, all we have to do is decide what we desire. Luke 22:40 "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." God granted us a powerful tool that, if used correctly, will bring success, and if used poorly it could ruin our lives.

The best way to utilize our subconscious mind is to condition ourselves through regular thinking of what we want and how we desire things to be. Such processes as the beating of the heart and the circulation of the blood are controlled through our subconscious. The subconscious is the tool that acts upon habit; you'll see that you always tie your one shoe before the other if you don't think about it and purposely do it the other way. Similarly, you can alter your mental habits from one of doubt to one of confidence, or one of poverty to one of riches. The best way to tap into this power is to realize that your prior beliefs of yourself were wrong, since everyone was made in the image and greatness of God, and determine what you want to be. I have found the best technique to use would be visualization with an affirmation, so the affirmation can trigger the visual picture of what you'd love to be like.

See, we need to condition ourselves to act as we would like to act and the best way to do that is through mental motion pictures. In this scene you're about to create, set up the scenario. I will sometimes see myself in Math class getting back the test I'd taken. The crucial part of this "mental movie" is the detail you put into it, as to engage all your senses and make it as real as possible. Tests have proven that when a certain part of a brain is touched, the person relives events, including emotions and any sensations that occurred during the scene. The beauty of this mental conditioning is that the brain can't tell the difference between an experience and a dream. So we have the power to teach ourselves how we want to act without suffering the severity of the learning process.

Just keep in mind that you are what you think you are so keep your head held high and think of only the best to come and the best of yourself, and you'll be on your merry way to success and happiness!

© 2009 Italian Pride


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
Added on June 19, 2009

Author

Italian Pride
Italian Pride

Phoenix, AZ



About
I am half-blood Italian, but don't let that fool you; I embrace it as if that's all I am. I have inherited several Italian traits, some good and others bad, ranging from my ardency in relations to th.. more..

Writing