Forgiven

Forgiven

A Story by Adina Kay
"

This is a story I wrote a little while back, My friends told me to write a story involving a Ghost a Kid and a car so this is what I came up with.

"

It started at school, after 4th period. I could have sworn I saw his Black backpack hanging next to my seat. I blinked and it disappeared. I thought I was going crazy. I continued my day, trying to push the Black Backpack out of my mind. I stayed quiet the rest of the day until school was let out. ‘there was no backpack,’ I told myself, ‘It was a trick of the light.’

I made my way to my new white car that I had received for my 17th birthday. Oak Ridge High School wasn't too far from my Dad’s apartment, but I hate walking home in the rain. I closed the door and started driving. I took the long route home just to clear my mind from the black backpack.

“Don't freak out.” I heard his voice as I got off of the free way. He was sitting there, his blonde hair tousled and his big brown eyes full of worry. It was my dead best friend, Nate.  Of course, I obviously freaked out. My foot slammed against the breaks and I started hyperventilating.

“Tori, at least pull over to the side of the road.” He was trying to sound as calm as he could, his voice quavered.

Against my own will I pulled to the side of Cherry Ave. He was there, Nate was there sitting next to me.

“Tori, you're freaking out on me. Your doing that weird thing where your green eyes become really big and you pull on your brown hair like this.” He demonstrated what I was doing.

I pulled my hands down from my hair reluctantly. “What, How?” Was all I could manage. I had so much to ask, so much to say. I wanted to wrap my arms around his neck and pull him into a hug, just like old times.

He placed his hand on my shoulder. I thought it would go straight through me, it didn’t. His hand held a strong grip on my shoulder.

He must not have known that he could touch me. “You can feel me?” I nodded in response, not able to speak.

He brushed his finger against my cheek. So softly I barely felt his touch. “I only have a little bit of time.  I-” He started to say. He flickered as if I were getting bad phone connection. “I accept your apology!” He shouted. “It wasn't your fault! Stop blaming yourself!” Lightning flashed, and he was gone.  He was gone but his backpack stayed. It stayed to haunt me forever, to remind me his death was my fault. If I hadn’t texted him while he was driving he would really be here.

I picked up his backpack and held it close to my chest. “I'm sorry.” I whispered over and over. “I am so sorry.”

I drove to the apartment and took the occasional glance at the black back pack. I’m scared. Well, no thats an understatement. I'm petrified. Is it normal that I just saw my best friend who died two months ago? This has to be some sort of major sick prank. Can it be? Did that just happen? I just saw him, I saw Nathaniel  Jacobs. I, Victoria Bell-Wood, saw Nate Jacobs, who died 2 months ago.

I continued to stare at the backpack not noticing the huge truck driving in my direction. I heard myself scream before we collided. Then it was black. I was gone.

~

I woke up in cold sweat sitting upright in my bed. The sheets were perfectly made. I saw my parents together holding onto each other crying by my feet. I reached out my hand to comfort my mother who I hadn't seen in 4 years. My hand slipped through her.

I ran to the small mirror and I couldn't see my reflection. I started touching my face, making sure I was real, making sure I was there. I wasn't there, which meant one thing. I heard one voice and one voice only. The voice of my blonde best friend who had died 2 months ago.

“I told you I forgave you Victoria.” His words echoed in my mind for the rest of eternity.

© 2015 Adina Kay


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Author's Note

Adina Kay
so i hope you guys got the message from this, or messages I guess. I hopr you liked this and my style of writing let me know what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on March 19, 2015
Last Updated on March 19, 2015
Tags: text, shortstory, horror, sad

Author

Adina Kay
Adina Kay

Long Beach, CA



About
Hi my name is Adina and i am 14 years old, I have always had a passion for writing and reading and I enjoy writing short stories in my free time. I thought to myself why not share my stories with the .. more..