Two

Two

A Chapter by Addi
"

This is a short chapter.. But please read and review :)

"

Her eyes slam shut at the sickening sound of metal burying itself in wood. At first, there is a sense of panic. Then relief floods through her. And she opens her eyes.

 

The axe has just missed her. Everyone in the square is looking up, at the helicopters whirring overhead. Helicopters? Were they there before? There are a lot of them. They come closer and closer to the ground, and that is when the spectators start running. Kiana glances over at the Minister, who is staring, wide-eyed and open-mouthed at the scene unfolding before him, for once at a loss for words. The square is now almost empty as people hurry to escape. The first helicopter lands, just metres away from Kiana, and men in blue and red spill out, each one carrying a machine gun. Now the Minister, as the full realisation of what is going on begins to dawn, is trying to slip away. But a man in blue and red grabs his arm and pulls him back.

“Nice to see you again, Minister,” he says smoothly, in an upper-class British accent, before clicking handcuffs into place on the politician’s fat wrists. These men are British. What are they doing here?

 

Kiana has no idea what to do. She’s escaped death by millimetres and now, as she looks around her, there is no sign of the executioner. She’s alone in the square, with the Minister and the dozens of men in blue and red. The Minister is now being shoved roughly into one of the helicopters. What is going on? What do they want with him? Kiana isn’t sure whether she should try to slide away unnoticed like everyone else, but the decision is made for her.

“Hey you!” cries one of the British men, pointing at her. She feels her heart skip a beat. And, maybe for the first time, she is genuinely afraid. The man marches up to her and roughly grabs her arm, dragging her into one of the helicopters.

“What’s going on?” she ventures. He ignores her.

“You stay put, don’t move a muscle,” he orders, shoving her into a lying position. Kiana does what she’s told. Then, very slowly, he pulls a syringe out of his pocket. What kind of man walks around with one of those things in his pocket?

“Please, don’t. Please, just tell me what’s going on!” Kiana pleads. She never thought she would stoop this low. She promised her brother. Felix! Where is he? Are they taking her away from him?

“You’re too young for this,” sighs the man in the blue and red. “Hell, I’m too young for this. Tell me something, do you like that Law Minister of yours?”

“You mean the one who sent me to my death? Not much, you?”

“I can’t tell you anything. I don’t who you are or where you’re from. Sorry, kid, but there’s no way I can get you out of this.” With that, he sticks the syringe into Kiana’s arm, and she's out in a second.



© 2013 Addi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

"I want more" lol :) I am waiting. great work, keep it up!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Addi

11 Years Ago

Thank you :) :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 3, 2013
Last Updated on March 4, 2013


Author

Addi
Addi

Australia



About
I'm really just looking for some feedback on my work so please check it out and let me know how I've done! :) more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by Addi


Three Three

A Chapter by Addi