Hero's Journey

Hero's Journey

A Story by Aidan
"

Experimental type of story.

"

A hero traversed up a huge, steep cliff. This hero was no stranger to cliffs of these magnitudes, in fact He often enjoyed the view he got from them. Sadly the problem was, the cliff ended eventually, and giants roamed these plains. These huge godly like creatures often wouldn't notice the hero, they were more obsessed with what was in front of them...unless the hero was in front of them. 


Many days and nights had passed when he climbed one cliff face and he knew this one would take time. Hopefully the weather was on his side, if rain..or worse began to drop from the heavens he may have to set up camp.

The night was upon the land, sun setting. An orange glow upon the surface he was traversing, this was one of his favorite times, when the light streaked cliff faces with color.


A giant approached! The hero froze, he hid from they're sight. His stillness allowed for this giant to not notice the hero, he watched as its shoulders were still higher than he had climbed, it lumbered past him, its armor was different to his. Did the giant even need armor?

He carried on up, the whole day the hero had spent climbing up this hill, yet he wasn't even shoulder height to these giants. Though he was small, his ambitions out matched those giants.


Night fall descended. He decided to push on instead of stopping and camping, He would rest in the morning when he was above the Cliff.

If he made it to the morning....


The hero stopped, thought back to one of his other treks, he had set out alone because he found it safer than traveling with others. During this trek, he passed another. Another much like himself.

Later that evening, the hero much like this night had carried on instead of camping. The hero had caught sight of the traveler he had seen earlier, only this time the traveler had been careless and was attacked by a monster. This monster was hairy and had far too many eye's. It killed fast with no mercy for its enemy, there was far too much distance between the hero and the other traveler for any form of aid to be given.


Finally, after over 24 hour trek, the Hero finally reached his destination, he clambered over the ledge of this giant cliff just as a giant was passing by, the giant had changed its armor, they did this often, it perplexed the hero.

He looked out to the distance, huge cliffs stretched passed what the eye could see. He was proud, though many a cliff was yet to be climbed, he had climbed this one!


*Authors note: this story was from the point of a snail, it was experimental.


© 2014 Aidan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
Added on January 18, 2014
Last Updated on January 18, 2014
Tags: Gaint, Hero, Mountain, climb

Author

Aidan
Aidan

Dublin, Dublin , Ireland



About
Hello! I'm Aidan, currently residing in Ireland in body but am residing everywhere when it comes to imagination!...ok, that sounded weird even for me. more..

Writing
The Door The Door

A Story by Aidan


Surgeon Surgeon

A Story by Aidan