ONLY A MOTHER

ONLY A MOTHER

A Poem by afra

Only a mother knows what's going on inside 
Even when everyone else leaves you 
She always stays by your side 

Only a mother can see those unseen tears 
That didn't even flow from your eyes 
Only a mother's hug can help you get by your fears 

Only a mother can understand how you feel
And she loves you for who you are 
Only a mother love is pure and real

Only a mother can sacrifice her life for you 
And she loves you more then anyone else does
So why should you not care for her and love her back too?

© 2012 afra


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I wish i could agree and say the same things as this lovely poem can, but i cant. Sometimes a mother neglects and abandons their child. But to those mothers who i see interact with their children, i greatly admire them. This poem expresses some of what i've seen, its heartfelt and beautiful. nice job! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
quixotic_rose

11 Years Ago

seriously, me and this new review feature, i just cant get it!
i have no qualms of being a buz.. read more
That_Girl

11 Years Ago

LOL true true



Reviews

This is the sweetest! I love my mamma with ALL of my being and she sure does sense what no one else in this world can, you have given an exact description of a true mommy lol. Love it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


It did flow wonderfully, also the rhyme only sweetened it. All mother out there would be proud :)!

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is wonderful, a poem I'm sure many (not all) of us can relate to. I love the way it flowed! Excellent work, I look forward to reading more of your literature prose and poetry.

I did, although catch a few mistakes. First and foremost; within the third stanza, the second line down you said "And she loves you fro who you are"...would that happen to be "for" rather than "fro". Within that same stanza, the last line you said, "Only a mother love is pure and real"...would you rather say "a mother's love"?

The last stanza, the second line down I was wondering about the slang terminology, I understand you did it so it could rhyme but it sounded...odd to me. I was thinking -oh, I caught a few more minor errors, "then" should be "than" and "any one" should be one word, "anyone"- more of "And she loves me more than anyone else does". Therefore, the poems rhythme would remain consistent, how you have every other line's last word rhyming (I can't remember what that is called exactly...ballad stanza, ABCB rhyming scheme?)

I'm rather meticulous as far as the minor details go. Overall, your poem was amazing and inspiring, I want to go and give my mother a hug right now! I only dug into the poem for the little things that get looked over, a common occurrence.

Thank you very much for sharing, I definitely look forward to reading more of your literature. Keep up the excellent work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Really sweet poem! I love it :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


this is really sweet ....i am sure your mother will love it ..once again good job

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

teddy

11 Years Ago

what no ...she is so lucky to have a daughter like you
afra

11 Years Ago

awww thats so sweet of you
teddy

11 Years Ago

i know i am sweet
Because she doesn't care about me.

Even though I can't relate to the subject this poem was well written and flowed very nicely. keep writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

afra

11 Years Ago

thank u .....BTW.same story sis
So true...when yurt mother isn't busy being our evil!!! Bwahaha...but really. Great poem.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

love love love this!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


5
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2081 Views
48 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 2, 2012
Last Updated on July 4, 2012

Author

afra
afra

Toronto, Mississauga, Canada



About
more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Donna Donna

A Poem by Tate Morgan