Love's Light

Love's Light

A Poem by Amanda
"

this is for you...t a, y :) ....

"

 

 

 

 

This love I feel for you is true

It wraps me in the warmth

Of a summer’s day

Enveloping me,

Letting me feel secure

 

I am walking on the sunshine

Provided by your heart and soul

Such sweet euphoria

Elevated by the touch of everlasting

Faith and conviction

 

Surrendering our minds

Giving hearts to the rapture,

The encompassing emotions within

Spirits soaring toward the heavens

Spiraling upward, intertwining in sync

 

Sharing this with you,

Living for today in the light

Cherishing what we have together

Not worrying about tomorrow

For whatever may be…

 

© 2008 Amanda


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Beautiful!! Your prose just rolls off the page Amanda, it is always clear to me when I read whether a writer is seriously in love and you girl are on fire!!! I loved every word of this masterpiece because of the gentle way you have caressed your words and placed them on the page with loving hands...
Kudos from me :-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I really love how positive and inspired this piece is. .

Sharing this with you,
Living for today in the light
Cherishing what we have together
Not worrying about tomorrow
For whatever may be�

Well written and said, these are my favorite lines...

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wow I enjoyed this whole poem. I love the idea of your writing so passionately about love. "I love...love". the lines; Elevated by the touch of everlasting Faith and conviction and Cherishing what we have together Not worrying about tomorrow. For whatever may be� These lines set this love poem apart from any I've seen on this site and any I have written.




Posted 15 Years Ago


Very beautiful!!! Really enjoyed this. These are my favorite lines...
"Elevated by the touch of everlasting

Faith and conviction"

lovely!

Austin

Posted 15 Years Ago


wonderful prose and raw emotion in this writer. I found this very uplifting to the soul and brings visions of a passionate emotion from the heart expressed into words.
well done!



Lasla

Posted 15 Years Ago


VERY artistic. The image you gave me of two figures enveloped in light, spiralling up towards the heavens, is so poetic, it becomes a marvellous painting in the reader's mind. Well, it did in MINE, at least :P

At first, I thought the colour of the stanzas was going to be structured out with the RICHARD OF YORK GAVE BATTLE IN VAIN idea, for RED, ORANGE, YELLOW, GREEN, BLUE, INDIGO, and VIOLET. But either way, you manage to weave a beautiful poem of a raw type of love that most people never come across in their short lives. If only we could live forever, maybe then we would have a chance of finding this elusive force. But ultimately, not living forever is also part of the magic of it. Almost like a race against time, to cheat death by finding something hidden from mortals.

Luke

Posted 15 Years Ago


very uplifting and heartfelt piece... the imagery in this is over flowing with true beauty... overall nice job on this i really enjoyed this piece!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Sweet to the mind. Soothing and calm. How life should be but rarely is, alas.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is another beautiful and well written poem, I know you can win the battle with alcohol. As I said I do admire your courage, and If you want to talk I am a good listener. Take care.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Loves vigor expressed so beautifully Amanda! From the metaphors to the sheer sentiment expressed, as well as the graphic evoking even more emotion and connection with this piece. Nice work! ~ Jude :-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


From where did you got that pic, it's simply AMAZING...
This is simply a outstanding piece of writing...your choice of words, beautiful imagery enhanced the feel on this poem a lot.
And finally, the awesome formatting created a masterpiece!
This is indeed one of your best!

Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

834 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on October 18, 2008
Last Updated on October 18, 2008

Author

Amanda
Amanda

Austin, TX



About
Use our Free Myspace Banner Maker! Click Here! hey!...to all my friends and anyone that happens to read my writings, I'm going to be off from this site for a little while. I'm having to deal with .. more..

Writing
Swept Away Swept Away

A Poem by Amanda


fading away fading away

A Poem by Amanda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Tiny Events Tiny Events

A Poem by Amanda