Hope

Hope

A Poem by Amanda
"

this is a response to [untitled] by JadedSparrow

"

 

Time doesn’t always heal the wounds,

This I know, for I have been there

 

Your soul bleeds,

From the sadness and grief

Your heart screams,

From the deeply carved scars

 

No matter what anyone says,

The pain never completely subsides

 

The one thought I can give

To you, oh wretched man,

Is to let go of the pain, the hurt

Not an easy task, you may say

 

But it is possible,

Please trust in what I advise…

 

I carry my scars and remember,

Some of the pain buried,

I had to forgive, but never forget

I believed in myself and let it all go…

 

Bitterness will eventually overrule,

Disparity, complacency…

Things you may now feel,

Your heart and soul deserve better…

 

I can give you hope,

The only gift I can bestow to you…

 

© 2009 Amanda


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is such a beautiful piece of writing Amanda,
Time not always heals our every wound and sometimes we need to carry those scars by the end of our life.
"I can give you hope,
The only gift I can bestow to you�"- I simply loved these closing line, it concluded the poem very well.
Great piece of writing, thanks a lot for sharing it :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Our scars brings us wisdom and growth from one place to another with the wisdom to guide and heal an excellent write and sage advice to all ! I think most of us has been there more times than we care to be.

Posted 14 Years Ago


' We are what we are because of the pleasure and pain we carry from the past '.. some great scribe wrote that and i've never forgotten it.

You've said the same in your own very special and beautiful way.

Bitterness will eventually overrule, / Disparity, complacency� / Things you may now feel, / Your heart and soul deserve better�'



Posted 15 Years Ago


It is really true, every emotional wound we receive never truly heals but remains a scar on our heart that can be reopened by the slightest gesture... we must remember that when in new relationships and giv eone another some slack... beautifully done and so wisely spoken.

Posted 15 Years Ago


we all need what you bestow. and it is true, some hurts never go entirely.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Loving someone and not feeling the love that you gave in return is a very painful circumstance but the power vested in forgiveness frees us and give us the strength to "let go" as well as the courage to love again!
Your final words in this piece where the charm:
" Bitterness will eventually overrule,
Disparity, complacency�
Things you may now feel,
Your heart and soul deserve better�

I can give you hope,
The only gift I can bestow to you�""


A beautiful piece, my talented friend!
Thank you for your request!
It was a pleasure!



Posted 15 Years Ago


Wow what a response piece. This was from deep down in the heart. To share your experience and share it with all is wonderful because as we all know JadedSparrow is not the only one with pain and drama in their lives. This piece was done very conversational style but yet I sense the poetic flow. Thanks for the read request. I am sorry it took so long to get to it. I was down for a couple of weeks without a computer but now with my brand new computer I am back and catching up. When you get a chance check out "Heaven" or "Silent Screams"

Posted 15 Years Ago


Very nice. These lines really spoke to me...
"The one thought I can give

To you, oh wretched man,

Is to let go of the pain, the hurt

Not an easy task, you may say"
So very true. It's never an easy task letting go.
Wonderful write, thanks for the read :)

-Austin

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is such a beautiful piece of writing Amanda,
Time not always heals our every wound and sometimes we need to carry those scars by the end of our life.
"I can give you hope,
The only gift I can bestow to you�"- I simply loved these closing line, it concluded the poem very well.
Great piece of writing, thanks a lot for sharing it :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This piece makes it clear that life unfolds in its own way... That sometimes if you don't let certain things go, they will destroy your spirit. Beautifully said. Rain..

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

My reaction when I read this piece was the same as when I read it the first time...I smiled and my heart was light. The new year has started off very poorly, but I smile anyway, because that is what I have learned to do. Thank you is all I can really say, and somehow it feels like thats not enough.

JS

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

235 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 2, 2009
Last Updated on January 2, 2009

Author

Amanda
Amanda

Austin, TX



About
Use our Free Myspace Banner Maker! Click Here! hey!...to all my friends and anyone that happens to read my writings, I'm going to be off from this site for a little while. I'm having to deal with .. more..

Writing
Swept Away Swept Away

A Poem by Amanda


fading away fading away

A Poem by Amanda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..