Life Dictates

Life Dictates

A Poem by Amanda
"

....just my mind wandering about on the path of life....

"

 

 

 

Life Dictates

 

Life dictates an ongoing journey

From the moment of birth,

It is set into motion,

We move along haphazardly…

 

The path we choose,

The way we precede,

Is not so much a preordained destiny

We are presented with choices...

 

The course we take at any given time

Depends on our heart and mind.

As we progress through our lives,

The circumstances change…

 

Moving forward, making needed adjustments

To accommodate for necessary shifts,

The unexpected events that crop up,

Allowing us to grow

 

The fluid fabric of time

Stands still for no one

For we are just here for one moment

In the grand scheme of design…

 

 

Agt  10 April 2009

 

© 2009 Amanda


Author's Note

Amanda
...just my thoughts, tell me what you think...AT

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The fluid fabric of time
Stands still for no one
For we are just here for one moment
In the grand scheme of design…

Nice job! I like the depth.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Simplistic yet profoundly inspirational. All too often we lose ourselves along this journey. This piece is that nudge we all need to remember just how beautiful life really is.

JS

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is an inspiration of a poem.. would like to keep it close to me..

'Moving forward, making needed adjustments
To accommodate for necessary shifts, '

Those two lines really do it for me.. acceptance through learning about self and life.

Thank you so much for sharing.


Posted 14 Years Ago


All very true...love the notion of 'the fluid fabric of time'...great way to put it...can almost see and feel it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


i love this. this is so thought-provoking so deep, so true. we do dictate the paths we choose, the decisions we make, it is our choice how we live. so beautifully and descriptively worded, i absolutely LOVE that last paragraph. our lives are really only the blink of an eye, so to speak, considering how vast the universe is, how old it is, how many souls and living things there are around us, we are really all very insignificant (so to speak) in the scheme of things. this is a gorgeous, thought-provoking poem, thank you so much for sharing it with me.

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ron
Hello Amanda, This has a "Frost" thread to it. Funnily enough it needs a lot of focus and contemplation on life for the results to crystallize the way they have. I notice your younger years are missing. We, including you, have few choices then! However the word "haphazardly" covers the infant state. I see another good series on the move here. I sent your poems about abuse to friends in hard back. Rave reviews and tears. Keep going my dear!

Posted 14 Years Ago


A very lovely flow :) The words are beautiful, just as the meaning of them. Wow.. some parts I had to read a few times because they were just fun to read..haha. Everything was so nicelyin put! Love this piece!

-Austin

Posted 14 Years Ago


Beautifully written. It makes one wonder who such decisions come to us and why we chose one over the other. You had me caught up in my own thought about life and its decisions. I love it when poems do that to me. Very wonderful piece. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago



This is so thoughtful and deep Amanda, your words are so wise and as a reader I can learn a lot from them!
This poem is surely very mature but you've written it so effortlessly, the flow is simply flawless!
"Moving forward, making needed adjustments
To accommodate for necessary shifts," - I loved these lines the most, because they are so true indeed, this is what exactly life is all about...

Beautiful , simply beautiful!



Posted 14 Years Ago


I love the surrealism in this poem. You've literally taken one of Dali's poetic paintings and transformed them into words. A great attempt at trying to solve another of life's mysteries.

Good job.

Luke:)

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

276 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 10, 2009
Last Updated on April 10, 2009

Author

Amanda
Amanda

Austin, TX



About
Use our Free Myspace Banner Maker! Click Here! hey!...to all my friends and anyone that happens to read my writings, I'm going to be off from this site for a little while. I'm having to deal with .. more..

Writing
Swept Away Swept Away

A Poem by Amanda


fading away fading away

A Poem by Amanda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Wicked Game Wicked Game

A Poem by Amanda