A Different Path

A Different Path

A Poem by Amanda
"

...sometimes destiny or fate if you will, has a weird way of telling us that it is time to move on...

"

 

A Different Path

 

Like the dawn of a new day

A different path

In the journey of life

Begins…

 

Whether we choose it

Or it is selected for us

Makes no difference

 

 

Sometimes, the path is clear,

Unobstructed, destination

In sight

 

 

Other times, we have no clue

Where the road

Will take us

 

 

Despite our careful planning,

Destiny has a fickle way

To show us she has a hand

 

 

Are we fated to be no more

Than leaves in the wind,

T

  W

I

   S

T

   I

N

   G

 haphazardly?

 

 

Walking through the fog,

Unclear of the direction

We are to take…

 

 

All I can say is that we trudge forward,

Continue on the journey,  

For we will never know

What we may find unless we try.

 

 

Agtovar  12 Aug 2009

© 2009 Amanda


Author's Note

Amanda
...tell me what you think...i was just writing what i felt and thought at the time. i am at that point where i have to just go on and figure out where i need to go...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ron
This writing will bring its own clarity. With clarity comes wisdom. With wisdom comes understanding then happiness. Sweet poems like this are like healing balm!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Excellent words of wisdom. :) I couldn't have said or described it any better. Nice writing. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


That was breathtaking...
It was so much inspiring and the entire plot was very thoughtful and true...
Sometimes, Destiny has its own plans for us and its own to tell us how to move on...
The formatting really enhanced the beauty of the piece a lot!
A great write, as always...

Posted 14 Years Ago


Truly inspiring words of wisdom wrapped up in a beautiful piece of poetry... life has many paths to take so when one seems to be blocked there are always way around it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Like the leaves and the fog. I think most of us feel like this from time to time, powerless, lost or both. It is part of how we are. I like the visual device also. But the best bit for me is the choice of the word 'trudge'. It is just a fine word. It is almost physically heavy. And it seems to feel the heavier for following wind and fog, both of which are light. But .. at least you follow it with the word 'foward' and the poem ends on a note of hope. Imagine if you had written 'trudge backwards'! Eeek!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I think this is wonderful in every way. At the best of times you have an unique eye for union of word and graphic and this is no exception.

The way you've spun your words into different angles and lines goes so well with the words.. hence your format is great.

The idea, thoughts, insights created by your words are really thought-provoking and stand as an example of how things are.

And no, we'll never know until we try. Wonderful.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Your format is wonderful, and helped add to the overall "ooomph" of your poem!...and the pic is just awesome! As a picture searcher, I am always intrigued by images that are unique, and the tend to captivate me.
Yes, fate, destiny, what is tomorrow is tomorrw?.....you present the theory of planned outcome, or just a happening with a memorable perspective. We may feel as if we are in the fog, but through the fog, do we see the sunlight peeking through? Your thinking at the time is well defined!
Excellent write!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

543 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 12, 2009

Author

Amanda
Amanda

Austin, TX



About
Use our Free Myspace Banner Maker! Click Here! hey!...to all my friends and anyone that happens to read my writings, I'm going to be off from this site for a little while. I'm having to deal with .. more..

Writing
Swept Away Swept Away

A Poem by Amanda


fading away fading away

A Poem by Amanda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..