A Different View

A Different View

A Poem by Amanda
"

...contemplation of a different type

"




A Different View

 

From a world wrought

With violence and abuse,

A lone figure emerges

Standing tall, but not unaffected…

 

Carrying the scars,

On heart and soul

Equal to the visible ones

Of an earlier existence

 

Coming to terms, overcoming,

Trying to continue, moving forward…

Haunting dreams invade a restless sleep

Reminders of what once was

 

In the maelstrom of a past

That will not completely fade away,

An uncertain future swirls ahead

Mingling with the presence of today

 

The path taken tentatively,

Choices made, ambiguous of what

Fate and destiny has in store

Faced with dignity, but not unafraid

 

Hanging on to the hope

That all will come to pass,

A more comprehensible view

Into the journey that is life…

 

 

agtovar

26 January 2010

© 2010 Amanda


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hey Amanda I love how you pushed this word play to create a musical flow to your poem here. I love this stanza;

The path taken tentatively,
Choices made, ambiguous of what
Fate and destiny has in store
Faced with dignity, but not unafraid

The poem although short does not lack power or inspiration behind the words. Great job Ms. lady. Thanks again for reading my poem "What Time Is It"







Posted 14 Years Ago


Oh my..This was so breathtakingly beautiful Amanda.
I absolutely loved it, though it is sad but still...it has that feeling of hope in it.
It is surely a very inspiring piece of writing. The journey of life never ends, people change, things change, but life always goes on.
I absolutely loved it. My favorite lines has to be this closing part

"Hanging on to the hope
That all will come to pass,
A more comprehensible view
Into the journey that is life…" - Beautifully written! Great work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Each struggle that one endures and overcomes along this path not only makes one stronger but also lifts the soul to a more higher self-consciousness. Your poem very well describes the inner conflict that most of us have when learning to deal with the past in order to progress in the present and future. The image that you choose is perfect and well describes how if we allow it our inner demons from the past will chase us until we choose to overcome them. I have endured much but it has taught me and made me the strong person that I am. I refuse to allow oppressors, control freaks, or negative people disrupt my path and darken my soul. Yesterday is done, Today is here, and Tomorrow is yet to come. We cannot change the past nor negative personalities what we can do is to remain positive and to focus on the day and path ahead.
Lasla

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very well described struggle of many. Your versatile writing allows many to relate to this poem. I, too, feel I can mildly relate to this poem. To me, it describes a strength that (perhaps) you still have without your understanding its presence. I admire all who have endured pain and trouble in the past and still find the strength to go forward. I often find myself wishing, very much, to go back and hide. Wonderful, apathetic piece. I love it!

Posted 14 Years Ago


that battle to exist today without the trouble of our past holding us back. One of every persons daily obstacles. I love the positivity you added to this though amanda. Ended with a faithful hope and a better understanding, instead of it being something that became hindering.

much love n' respect

-Lalli

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ron
Amanda this looks like a wife and Mothers tale. Hovering on a precipce! Reminds me of Robert Frost in some ways. "Path taken tentatively" etc. Jenny Murray would love this on Womans Hour. A million women would howl at the stars. Nice crisp work that shows what a chess match life is. Is the path a blind alley? I wait for the next stanzas.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very impressive work... you delve seep into the human psyche and its overwhelming desire to overcome mistakes and make amends... you words ring out of inspiration.

Posted 14 Years Ago


How we need our past! Time is like learning to read, moving from learning the alphabet to the first easy book, then the next et al, each time learning a little more ..

Once we get to a certain stage and time, we understand where we tripped up and from that understanding, look forward.

Your words are in many ways very sad, yet .. as you move on line by line, your strength and courage shine through. A wonderful post. Thoughtful and in some ways a caring guide for those who read it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Simply brilliant. Filled with insight. Very well expressed...

Posted 14 Years Ago


Feels like an actor in the great human drama has found a moment to pause for breath, look back of the still racing past and cast the odd view up ahead, with more wisdom and experience than the past was faced. Feels like a very personal and truthful write.

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

874 Views
11 Reviews
Added on January 26, 2010
Last Updated on January 26, 2010

Author

Amanda
Amanda

Austin, TX



About
Use our Free Myspace Banner Maker! Click Here! hey!...to all my friends and anyone that happens to read my writings, I'm going to be off from this site for a little while. I'm having to deal with .. more..

Writing
Swept Away Swept Away

A Poem by Amanda


fading away fading away

A Poem by Amanda