The Elegance of Hands

The Elegance of Hands

A Poem by sweetsaltywords
"

Wrote this one in Cali, Colombia. :)

"

“The Beauty and Elegance of Hands” 


Capable of so much; from creating something from nothing by carefully placing things together that never really seemed to exist with one another, these hands bring things together that were never really meant to be. These fine hands are capable of painting a gentle expression, making the smile in the artwork just as real as the person’s smile right in front of you. Such fine motor skills are truly amazing. The capabilities of hands extend from just creating things. They are capable of demonstrating so much strength in an intimidating clenched fist, which also means that hands are capable of causing brutal pain (something human beings were never meant to do.) Hands exhibit feelings. The clenched fist symbolizes anger and frustration, and to the observer this clenched fist brings about a feeling of anxiety and fear. But don’t forget that hands also are more than capable of showing affection, of showing love with just one touch. Physical contact surpasses the simple four senses, and can actually trespass (if you will), into the emotions, something that is not easily accessed. To reach the emotions of a person implies so many things and is basically equivalent to finding a part of yourself in their soul. I believe that once you enter their emotions, that part of you stays there with them, forever. It is impossible to erase. You will never be forgotten. What a risk it is, entering into someones life and realizing that such a bond has been made that never will truly break. Is it the gift or the curse of humanity? Hands have such a power, the power to change a situation from bad to good, or from bad to worst. I invite you to see the beauty and elegance of hands but also to keep your eyes alert, in the case of ever meeting hands that only bring disaster and destruction. 

© 2015 sweetsaltywords


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on February 25, 2015
Last Updated on February 25, 2015
Tags: hands, elegance, beauty, capability, opportunities, feelings, love, fear, anger, touch, soul emotion

Author

sweetsaltywords
sweetsaltywords

Lutz, FL



About
Well I love to write. I find myself writing when i've had a really bad day and even when i've had a really good one. Writing helps me get in tune with my emotions and helps me process things. I unders.. more..

Writing