We Are The Same!

We Are The Same!

A Poem by sweetsaltywords
"

I guess this is mostly just a journal entry on what I was thinking about the other day. Not really a poem. Just thoughts.

"

Everyone on this planet has so much in common. We all have hope, although some more than others. Every person wants to believe in something, to believe in this infinite God that created everything. To believe in purpose. To believe in the Big Bang maybe. To believe in this powerful God that makes everything perfect for us to survive and experience this thing called life. Those that say they don’t believe in anything i think still have an ounce of hope that there is something greater than all of us. Just saying that means something huge... Because if there is something greater than us,  it provokes excitement! its something exhilarating. To think there is someone up there that is super powerful and mighty is something different from our day-to-day human interaction. For me, just the fact that i’m here on this earth with the opportunity to meet so many new people and see all their personalities and opinions means that there is something greater than myself. Right away, thats what i see. We are complex human beings, yet we are so simple! When i meet someone new, i think to myself: this person is just like me. This person has goals, this person has fears, this person has a way of being. This person thinks things are funny sometimes. This person forms opinions like me. This person eats and drinks, gets hungry and thirsty. This person gets angry and sad sometimes.This person has a capacity to love and to click with certain kinds of people. This person showers, i hope! And shaves! This person grieves when someone they love dies. This same person can get drunk on love, with passion filling their being. This person can be cold and needy just like me. This person can also get very fatigued being in the heat too long. We all smile the same way, as we also cry the same way producing pain through tears from our eyes. We all feel pain in the same way. If you cut me, i bleed. So do you. We are all so delicately human. We must be so beautiful in the eyes of our creator. But i think sometimes he sees us and the way we treat each other and he must also be sad about that. How we haven't seen the similarities we all share... How we’ve been blind and only concerned with ourselves and the issues that are in front of us. We can be so despicable towards one another. Why do our negative feelings toward someone overpower the beauty of that same human being? The human being we just mentioned that bleeds when they’re cut, the one that feels pain in the same way we do. The way we view people is so distorted. 

© 2015 sweetsaltywords


Author's Note

sweetsaltywords
I love God.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on February 25, 2015
Last Updated on February 25, 2015
Tags: common, hope, fears, desires, beliefs, God, faith, delicate, fragile, human, beings, life, death, similarities, similar

Author

sweetsaltywords
sweetsaltywords

Lutz, FL



About
Well I love to write. I find myself writing when i've had a really bad day and even when i've had a really good one. Writing helps me get in tune with my emotions and helps me process things. I unders.. more..

Writing