Simple Country Living..by Michael

Simple Country Living..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

City life was too hectic and fast paced for Mandy. She decided to move back to the peaceful laid back style of country living. The farmhouse that she used to live in with her parents amazingly was up for sale as the former owners were ready to move out. The price was right and the familiar surroundings were just perfect for her. Mandy felt at home and at peace once again without the stress of big city living. She drove into town to do some shopping. Food for her farm animals was the reason for being there. However the credit card was left behind on the kitchen table. The man standing behind her on the line noticed her unfortunate circumstance and offered to pay for her supplies. They introduced each other after a big thank you to this stranger for helping her out. Mandy invited Michael over for dinner that evening in gratitude for what he had done. His story was the same as hers. He decided to move out of the big city and go back to simple country living. It turned out the farmhouse he bought was also the home he once grew up as a kid. Just two miles away from Mandy. Their mutual attraction led to six months of dating. One year later he sold his home and moved in with Mandy as they got married. One day while they were shopping for food to feed the farm animals, he forgot to bring his credit card. "It's on me", his wife said as they both laughed out loud....
Maybe romantic trails lead us back to where we belong in the first place. Case in point in a short love story about Mandy and Michael, along with simple country living......
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 16 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Nice,precise and to the point-with nothing unwanted-but maybe there was room for more detail. Still your story is nice and it's quite true because I'm someone who had to move to the city for my studies and there are times when I wish I could go back to the 'simple country living'!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Thank you Sachi for enjoying this and maybe in the future you will do just that!



Reviews

Nice,precise and to the point-with nothing unwanted-but maybe there was room for more detail. Still your story is nice and it's quite true because I'm someone who had to move to the city for my studies and there are times when I wish I could go back to the 'simple country living'!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Thank you Sachi for enjoying this and maybe in the future you will do just that!
This is the third short story of yours I have read and though beautiful crafted ,the end was anticipated and me being a sucker for drama in any story would have loved to read some nail biting moments in the story. just a suggestion.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Glad you liked it and I will take your advice for sure.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

278 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 21, 2014
Last Updated on June 21, 2014
Tags: fiction, fantasy, romance, short story

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing